Chapter Twelve~The End Is Near

Sam's POV

"Oh no, now is not the time for this," Thor warned and suddenly we were all hit with another memory, though I knew this would be the last one.

Hazel and Leo were still running through the mist and Paesiphaë was yelling out "thirty seconds". A big bulking mass of shadows stood guarding a set of elevator doors that resembled the ones in the Empire State Building.

Soon Hazel and Leo appeared at the other end of the chamber. The sorceress was gone and the elevator dinged. "Leo!" Hazel screamed. Leo took a screwdriver out of his tool belt and chucked it across the room. An impossible shot, but somehow he made it.

The elevator doors opened and out spilled two corpses. Hazel worked some Mist magic and the two bodies appeared behind her. Upon closer inspection I determined them to be Percy and Annabeth.

My eyebrows scrunched up in confusion. I caught Wanda's eyes and I could tell she understood the gist of what was going on here. That makes one of us.

"The chains," Annabeth rasped. Hazel startled and threw her sword at one set of chains. They shattered and so did the memory.

I gasped and blinked the memory out of my eyes. Looking around I could see that everyone was just standing stupidly and staring at the wall. Thor held the Golden Fleece in his hands.

"Guys, come on! We need to get the hell back to camp!" I started running, hoping the rest were following me. The tunnels started to rumble and shake. Dust rained down from the ceiling and pebbles danced on the floor.

"We've got structural damage! Thor's hammer ripped through here and it's gonna bring the whole place down!" Steve called out.

"Alrighty then. I don't want to take that path anyway," Thor stayed calmly. "What are you talking-" I was cut off by Thor throwing his hammer again, straight through all of the solid rock walls.

He told us he was making a 'shortcut' so we didn't have to take the long way through. It did get us through quicker, but on the down side, the entire structure collapsed in on itself. Oops.

Clint led the way back to the jet and we hopped in and took off right away. "Someone contact Camp," Clint called from the pilot cabin.

I grabbed the glass prism we borrowed from Camp and went to the small bathroom onboard. I fished a drachma out of my pocket and through it at the mirror. Instead of sinking into the mirror like I had hoped, it cracked the mirror, bounced right off, and nailed me in the nose. Guess that's not how you're supposed to do it.

There was a knock on the door, "You okay in there? I don't think you're doing it right" "Oh shut up Tony."

He chuckled and then left me alone. I remembered that you needed mist so I ran the hot water. I threw the drachma again and this time it did go through.

"Um...Oh Fleecy, do me a solid, show me Chiron at Camp Half-Blood, New York."

The rainbow shimmered and Chiron's weathered face appeared. I cleared my throat. "Chiron, we have the fleece and we're on our way back."

He startled and looked up at me. On his face was a mixture of a grimace and a grin. He cleared his throat. "You need to hurry. We don't have much time. I don't-we can't lose him. We can't lose Percy."

I nodded. "We're close. We should be there within the next twenty minutes."(wow, even I don't know how they managed to go that fast!)

The look Chiron gave me was not very reassuring at all. "That's the thing Sam. I don't think we have even that long. The whole Camp is on edge. And I fear that my father was never one to do a good deed. Time is one tool we do not have."

Don't Be Afraid Of Your Fate(Percy Jackson/Avengers Crossover) Book 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें