Chapter One~The News

Warning! If you haven't read my other story New York Isn't Big Enough For The Both Of Us, go read that first. This is the sequel. If you have, enjoy!

Tony's POV

They sent ME to deliver the news to his mother. ME of all people. Why couldn't...nah she's busy.

I took a deep breath and climbed out of the car. My baby sister's house sat in front of me. It was only about three in the afternoon and sunny, but I shivered.

I walked up the path, remembering the time I 'kidnapped' the demigods. Man,if I'd know what I was getting myself into then...

I knocked on the door. "Honey, I think the guests are here!" I heard Sally yell to her husband.

She opened the door and my mind blanked. She was wearing blue jeans and a pretty floral blouse. Her curly brown hair was in a messy bun and she had pearl earrings in her ears. Her eyes sparkled.

That is, until she saw ME. "Oh, it's you," she said in a dull tone. But I wasn't paying attention to her at the moment. My full attention was on the child bouncing on her hip.

"You have aNOTHER ONE?" I screeched. Paul came to the door and took the baby from Sally. He gave me a disapproving glance and gestured for me to come in.

"You'll scare away the guests," he said. I laughed humorlessly. "Yeah, that was definitely my plan when I drove all the way here from Long Island Sound."

They perked up at that. "How's Camp? How's the war?"

"That's- that's why I'm here actually," I said while leading them to the couch. Sally and Paul looked on in worry. "What happened? Is Percy okay? Annabeth?"

I held up a hand. "Uh uh uh, I want to know the baby's name first."

Sally glared at me. "Estelle," she said. I nodded. "Just like Grandma."

"Just like Grandma," Sally agreed, "now get to the point."

I stroked my beard, wondering how the heck I was gonna say this. "Well, you know how Percy always seems to be the one that gets into all the trouble?"

Sally looked at me suspiciously. "Yes?" She drawled.

"Well, as you know, Tartarus led an army to attack Camp Half-Blood."

Sally nodded. "Well, the war lasted four days, and Tartarus didn't show up until the last day. He kinda wanted to kill Percy. Like, really super duper supercalifregalisticexpialidocous much. Like, that much. Like, he crawled out of the pits of hell to kill your son. I mean, I don't know if you should be proud or worried."

Sally pursed her lips, "I'm gonna go with worried."

"And he had this wicked sword. That he kinda sorta maybe a little bit used to make your son a shish-kabob?"

She dropped the glass of water she had just been sipping from and it shattered on the hard wood floor. She then spit the water all over my face. "Yuck!" I said and wiped my face off.

Sally stood and slapped me. Again. Estelle started crying. "Is he alive!" She screamed. I took time to meet her eyes.

I steepled my fingers under my chin and looked at the ground. "Tony!" She screamed. I looked back up at her. Right in the eyes. Her lip quivered in fear.

I waited(for suspense purposes mostly) and waited. "TONY!" "At the moment, yes."

She fell back on the couch and breathed a sigh of relief, her face was red and her eyes watered. "I hate you, you jerk!"