Chapter Four~Getting Ready

Tony's POV

Hi. It's me. Tony. You're probably wondering who the heck I am at this point. Wondering where I've been. To be honest, I don't know...which is kind of creepy...

Anyway, moving on to why I am not in the best of moods on this fine morning. First of all, we are having a huge funeral later at Camp(funerals are so depressing), and second of all, they sent me to Sally's house. Again.

Why does this keep happening to me? Why does my life suck so much? Ugh.

I have come to collect Sally and her family by orders of Chiron. They were invited to attend the funeral and maybe pop by and visit Percy while they were at it.

Gods, I haven't seen Percy in ages. Wait, gods? I've been spending too much time with these dam kids! Ugh!!!

I have heard from the rumors though, and I doubt they are true, that Percy's head got amputated. That one seemed a little far fetched, but hey, you never know.

All I know, is that Percy's not doin' so hot. I mean, how long can a kid live without a head?

I worried about Annabeth, too. She scarce left the infirmary nowadays(or nowaday since this is only the second day of her being in there) and whenever I saw her, she looked exhausted.

I also worried about the team. I haven't actually talked to like, any of them for a couple days now. They all seem pretty occupied with the task of getting the camp back on its feet and helping with funeral arrangements(don't tell him I told you this, but Steve is actually really good at making funeral shrouds).

But I worried the most about Sally. I don't want to take her to camp, have her sit through the saddest social event ever, and then go see her possibly dying son. I don't want her to get her hopes up and then get her soul crushed. I also don't want her to have her expectations too low that she's scared to even support him, too scared she's gonna get hurt.

I still don't think that bringing Sally in is a good idea, but maybe it would help Percy. It would be nice to see his mom before his friends all barged in. I also don't think it would be a good idea to bring Estelle into that environment for many reasons.

I thought long and hard about whether I should go ring the doorbell or not. I was just sitting in my car on the road, watching the house, waiting for something, anything.

But I guess I am he something. The something that is going to go ring the doorbell and be the bringer of hope or pain; or both, because Chiron told me to.

I tried to look from Chiron's point of view. I finally decided that if Chiron thought it was a good idea, then I should better listen to the centuries old centaur. And I don't usually listen to anyone!(haha, reference to the first book).

So I finally decided I needed to get off my butt and go ring the doorbell. I pondered what I was going to say as I walked up the pathway to the house. I was walking at snail pace, going as slow as I possibly could until I finally reached the door.

Finding no other way to prolong the meeting, I rang the doorbell. I guess times were stressful in the Jackson/Blofis residence because Sally ripped the door open so hard it almost came off its hinges.

Her angry brown eyes searched around in front of her until they landed on me. I think I whimpered. "Please don't hit me?" I whispered, almost like a question.

She sighed when she saw me and her posture relaxed a bit, but the fire never left her eyes. "Are you going to stop by everyday or what? You're getting annoying," she said coolly.

I straitened my suit and tried to inch around her glare and squeeze in the door, maybe hoping she didn't notice, but unfortunately, she did. Her glare stopped me cold.