Chapter Ten~Hurry Please

Clint's POV

We've been flying the jet for TWO HOURS already and I'm SOOOOO BORED. And that's not even the worst part! We'll be in the air for another(idk) long time!

And I have to listen to Steve and Tony bicker the ENTIRE TIME! I wish I'd stayed in New York. But, a job's a job, and I owe it to Percy.

You know what, now that I think about it, I could just turn the jet around and hope no one notices...

"Not today, Clint. Keep us on track to Greece," Natasha whispered in my ear. I jumped about two feet. "Stop doing that, woman!" I screeched.

Tony snickered. I locked eyes with Thor and he winked at me. Then he whacked Tony upside the head.

"THOR!" Tony yelled, chasing a giggling Thor around Sam, Wanda, and Bruce who were just trying to have a nice conversation. I watched them go, longing to be apart of the drama, when Nat slapped me.

I huffed and turned back to the controls. She's no fun sometimes. Always telling us to be 'responsible adults'. Yeah right.

Time skip to Greece

I landed the jet in a field in Greece somewhere and promptly collapsed. "You guys will be the death of me," I moaned. "Oh shut it," Sam said, stepping on me as he passed. "What the heck dude?" He smiled and kept walking. What nice friends I have.

Well, I have to admit Greece is beautiful. We appear to be in Epirus like we're supposed to be, so that's good. Now to find the House of Hades. Speaking of Hades, just then an Iris Message appeared in front of us. Nico di Angelo appeared and he looked like he'd seen a ghost. Jk, he always looks like that.

"Hurry please! I don't know if you've noticed, but we are running out of time!" "Yeah we know, 'time is of the essence' blah blah blah," Tony mocked. "It's no joking matter, Tony!" He winced, "he's dying, I can feel it. Hurry." And then the message cut out and disappeared. I snapped open my bow and notched an arrow.

"Let's go people!" I said, taking the lead. Tony pushed me aside and said, "Whoa, buddy, I'm in charge here." Then Steve came and, using his super soldier strength, threw Tony back about ten feet. "No, I'm in charge," and with that, led the way to this dark cave thing.

Natasha fished the barley cakes out of her duffel bag and threw one at each of us. I swallowed mind down and only gagged about five times.

"Alright, here we go," she said and entered the cave. It was a dark, torch-lit chamber with many engravings in the wall. I put my bow back over my shoulder and ran my fingers along one of the walls, tracing death cows and screech owls and scenes of death. I came across an engraved message that made me sigh.

Leo wuz here:)

The message was carved into the wall with what I assumed to be a screw driver.

"Hey guys, check it out!" They came and looked at the message. "Well, we're definitely in the right place," Wanda reasoned.

"Um, guys? Is that the poison we're supposed to drink?" Sam asked, pointed to a big clear chalice with menacing green liquid inside.

"Unfortunately, I have to assume it is," Tony muttered. So we passed it around, each drinking from it. And let me tell you, it did NOT taste like Powerade like I was hoping.

Tony was last and after drinking it, he gagged and wiped his mouth and pointed to the tunnel that would lead us deeper into the maze.

"I'm starting to wish more and more that we never ran into those blasted teenagers," I whispered. I received an elbow in the gut from some mystery avenger. I'm assuming Natasha, but you never know. My teammates love to hit me.