Chapter Eleven~Crooked One Willing

(BTW I'm not paying attention to the time differences between New York and Greece, so just pretend it's the same or something?)

Annabeth's POV

He was slipping. I could tell. He's trying so hard to stay. I need him to stay. I don't know what I would do if he left me. I don't think I could live with myself knowing I let something happen to him or I wasn't there for him; to protect him.

Lying on the bed next to him, clinging to him desperately, with my head on his chest I could here his heartbeat. It was for the most part steady and reassuring. Every once in a while it would skip a beat, or slow down, and my own heart would stop.

Lying there beside him, he held my hand tightly, holding on to life as best he could. Waiting for help to arrive.

Lying here in the cold of night I can feel him shake beside me. Lying here I can hear him scream, groan, moan, whatever sound is forced from his lips. He's in pain and there's nothing I can do.

Well, I wouldn't say nothing. At least I'm here. I would never leave him to face this alone. I'll always be right here.

A pang of guilt ran through me. 'You weren't there for him when he was getting tortured,' my thoughts seemed to say.

'I couldn't have been. Tartarus had me chained to a chair where I was forced to watch,' I tried to defend myself.

'No excuses,' they answered. I figured my mind was right. There was no excuse for something like that.

But no way in hell am I leaving him now.

The seven and some others all stopped by during the day, but it's just me now. Percy can't seem to sleep, nor does he want to try. He's lying awake, staring at the ceiling and I'm just looking into his eyes.

Those eyes, those beautiful sea green eyes, the ones always filled with laughter and mirth. And when they're not, they're filled with love. Love for me. What did I do to deserve that?

Not a damn thing, but he still loves me. And I love him more than anything. More than the world itself. More than I love myself. I love Us. I love how easy we are together, how we're meant to be together.

I just don't want to loose him.

I don't want to loose Us.

Those beautiful sea green eyes.

His lopsided grin that lights up the world.

His soft, wind blown black hair that I love to get my fingers tangled in.

His lips, that taste like sea salt.

How he always smells like the ocean.

How he always know what to do or say to make you smile.

How he acts like a Seaweed Brain but he's actually very intelligent.

How he's always been there for me when I needed him.

How he is undyingly loyal to the ones he loves.

How he loves me.