Chapter Twelve: The Date

Start from the beginning

I wasn't really paying that much attention to the movie. I felt like I was in a dream. I mean surly I couldn't be in a theater watching a movie with a Richie and it was almost impossible that he would have his arm around me! When we exited the movie, it was about four forty. 

"Okay, now off to surprise number two!" We got to the car and he opened the door for me. I sat down and he closed the door. He hopped into the drivers seat and started up the car. 

"So... How many surprises are there?" I asked. He looked at me with his blue eyes and smiled. He started to head down the street.

"So Blondie, what kind of food do you like?" he asked.

"Um, I like everything really," I replied.

"Oh good! Because I know this really good place that makes a great cow tongue soup!" I cringed my face. "I'm just joking!" he laughed.

We ended up on a little dirt path headed towards the lake. He parked the car right in front of a wall of bushes. "Here!" He opened my door and took my hand. "Follow me and don't let go," he instructed. He lead me towards the bushes. There was a tiny narrow path in the middle. We squeezed through the bushes and we ended up in a grass clearing right next to the lake. There was a large blanket in the middle with a basket. I looked to Scott and he just smiled. 

He walked over and sat on the blanket. I sat down next to him.

"Did you do this?" I asked. He started emptying food out of the basket. 

"Do you like it?" he replied.

"It's amazing!!" I exclaimed. "It's beautiful! And we're right here next to the water!" I looked over at him and smiled. "Did you seriously go to all this trouble just for me?" I questioned. He moved closer and wrapped his arms around me. "Blondie, You're something special. You deserve nothing less." I couldn't help but blush. He was just amazing.

"Well, I packed us some food so we would have something to eat while the sun set." The food was all unpacked now. There were two sandwiches, some strawberries, grapes, crackers, chips, and two Pepsi's. We ate our food and talked.

"So you and Lucy have been friends for how long?" he asked.

"Ever since I moved here. Her mom died in a car crash too. We got a long right from the start. Her brother Mike has always been like an older brother to me."

"What about the rest of your gang? What are they like?"

"Well, Jimmy is Mike's best friend and he loves to joke around. He doesn't take school work seriously. That's why he has been held back twice. Jack is real tough. He dropped out of school a while ago. I met Danny when I was going over to Lucy's. We all live near by. Danny is always there for me and he's a real good friend of mine. He lives with his brother Ricky and cousin Randy," I explained. 

"You guys are all pretty close, huh?" he asked.

"They are like my second family. We all got each others backs." We continued to talk and eat as the sun went down. When it was finally dark, he took my hands and helped me up.

"Okay, one more surprise." He started to lead me back to he car. My hand fit perfectly in his. I couldn't stop smiling. We got back in the car and started to drive off. I kept asking about where we were going, but he refused to give hints. We finally reached the park he had taken me to before. Only this time is was different. There were lit candles everywhere. The trees looked beautiful with the light reflecting on them.

My mouth dropped wide open. I turned to him but his face was glowing with happiness. 

"How..." I whispered. "Just how?"

"Well, I can't take full credit for this one. Some friends of mine helped me out." 

I smiled and jumped into his arms. "It's beautiful! Just beautiful! I cant believe it!' He set me down and took off his jacket.

"Here," he said as he put it around my shoulders. "You've got goosebumps!" 

"Thanks," I smiled. He put his arm around me and lead me to a blanket on the grass. We lied down on our backs and he put his arms around me. We relaxed there staring at the stars. 

"Hey Blondie," Scott said.

"Yeah?" He rolled onto his side and propped up his head with his hand.

"Will you go to the dance with me?" My heart started beating at a 100mph. 

"I'd love to," I smiled back. His face lit up with happiness, and so did mine. He then leaned in and pressed his lips to mine. My heart practically exploded in my chest. I closed my eyes and it felt like I was on cloud 9. I opened my eyes again to see him staring into mine. He was smiling and I was too.

He lied back down on his back and wrapped me in his arms. My heart was still racing. 

"Well, at least somethings are starting to turn out okay for me," he whispered.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I- I don't wanna trouble you with it." I sat up and turned to him.

"Scott, tell me." He sighed and sat up.

"Well, it's just... Things haven't been so great lately. See it's my older brother... He's been missing for a couple days." My heart stopped and I felt my stomach drop. "He had threatened about running away with his friend Mark loads of times but I just never took them seriously. Well, it's been a while and I... I don't think they are coming back.." I felt sick to my stomach. It wasn't them was it? It wasn't Scott's brother that got killed... Was it?

He grabbed my hand and said, "but things are finally starting to look good."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of chapter 12! 

PLEASE PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!!

I post chapters everyday and dedicate them to fans so keep checking for updates!