Lingering (60)

"Do you want to explain to me what that was back there?" I asked Kenny as we made our way towards the full kitchen. 

"He and I grew up in the same town... we knew each other in high school. Just didn't expect to see him again, especially in Denver." He explains, yet I could tell that he wasn't telling me the entire story. The poor boy looked shaken beyond belief. Tears were pooling in his warm brown eyes and his hair was a mess from him pulling at it. 

"We can leave right now Kenny. Just tell me and we will get outta this place." I say as I pull him into a comforting side hug. 

"No, it's okay. This is a big step for you, I don't want to ruin it for you." He whispers, shrugging his petite shoulders. 

"Okay, let me know if anything changes, let's go get food." I say as I grab onto his hand, squeezing it in a form of comfort. 

Keagan stood at the fridge, a beer grasped in his hand. His eyes flicker over to me, and his lips spread into a small grin before he shifts his attention back to the petite girl in front of him. The small burst of attention caused butterflies to erupt in the bottom of my stomach. 

"Oh, he's smitten." Kendall whispers to me as we make it to the counter, where there's an array of food spread out on platters. 

"Don't fool yourself, he was just being host like." I mumble, looking back to the attractive man. He was attractive, but he was the type of man that screamed trouble. His eyes didn't radiate warmth like Walker, instead it was pure confidence and appeal with Keagan. Maybe that's what scared me the most. Walker was the man that I see myself with for a long period of time, while Keagan... he was just fling material. Was this worth it?

----------------

Walkers p.o.v

Being back in the apartment was odd, it was much different than the way I left it. Firstly, Kendalls things were not there. Meaning that he must be staying somewhere else for the time being. The guest room though, was the thing that stuck out to me the most. Quincy was here, I can smell him in the air, even though it seems like he hasn't been here for the past couple of months. There was still a few things of his that he left behind, that caused my heart to feel heavy. This is the closest that I've been to him in the longest time, and it scared me. Was all of this worth it? Should I have involved him in my path to happiness and fulfillment? He could have handled it, he is mature for his age. 

Monroe enters the room, his eyes tired and his hair a mess. "Quincy moved here after you left. I think he wanted to be close to the ones you love. Made him feel like he wasn't losing you." He finishes. Causing me to close my eyes and sigh. The poor boy was distraught... and I caused it. This is going to change though, I want to be with him. Let's hope he feels the same.