Stay in(54)

*Quincy's P.O.V*

What am I thankful for? Am I thankful for the heartbreak I feel everyday... the confusion that clouds my brain every single day? 

Other than Kendall and Monroe.. I no longer have any friends here. I don't socialize during school, and I lock myself in my dorm room every night. Ignoring the sounds of laughing and partying going on the other side. 

I have never been outgoing, I am reserved. I had my friends back in Ireland, and when I left, they never reached out. Neither did I. Now, I understand what people say about loneliness being suffocating.  It's like I can't breathe when I'm alone. Why can't I make friends as easily as others? My parents gave up on me making friends at an early age. They just threw me in with the other privileged children, and hoped for the best. 

What do I do now? That I don't have friends...family... Who am I supposed to celebrate this holiday with? I chose to go to the nearest grocery store and buy the maximum amount of junk food that one can purchase, as well as the iconic thanksgiving cheesy family movies. 

Walking back, I take my time. Enjoying the brisk air against my flushed skin. This time of year was my favorite. My body can't handle the heat, which is why when my parents decided to go on vacation in a tropical location, I would tend to stay back. Preferring the rainy days that Ireland had to offer. 

The store was located just a fifteen minute walk from the dorm. I would usually take the bus there, seeing as I have a student bus pass. The schedule for holidays is not the greatest, so i decided to just walk. I am now glad of that decision. 

The roads are calm, only a few strangler cars pass me by. Which makes my surroundings silent and calm. Allowing me to actually enjoy this brief piece of freedom. 

"See, I told you I would bump into you again." The man from yesterday yells from across the street. Causing me to drop the bag of groceries onto the pavement. My hand falls on my chest, attempting to slow down my racing heart beat. 

"Ugh, I guess you did." I yell back. Watching as he looks both ways before he crosses the cobbled road. He is dressed in grey slacks, and a blue suit jacket. His hair is combed back, not a hair out of place. It looks like he is on his way to, or back, from a fancy gathering. At least somebody has plans for today... 

"So, I see you did some damage at the corner store?" He asks me as he reaches my side of the road. The wind catching the smell of his cologne, causing my nose to tickle. His cologne is way too strong for my liking, Walkers is softer. Sandal wood and pine if I remember correctly. 

"Um, yeah. Just some snacks for tonight." I respond. Rubbing the back of my neck. 

"Oh, do you have friends coming over tonight?" He asks. His head slightly tilted in question. 

"No, I'm just staying in. My family lives in Ireland and we don't celebrate thanksgiving there." I answer, a small smile on my lips. 

"Oh, I should have guessed it because of your accent. My name is Keagan, sorry I forgot to introduce myself earlier." He introduces himself, reaching his hand towards me. 

"Quincy." I omit. Grasping his larger hand in my own. 

"I know that we just met, but my friends and I are having dinner at my apartment. It would be great if you could swing by." He offers. Rocking back and forth on his heels, which are dressed in brown dress shoes. 

"Um, I don't really know..." I whisper. Taking my bottom lip between my teeth, lightly chewing on it in doubt. 

"Well, how 'bout this. Give me your phone, and I'll input my number, and text myself. I'll send you my address, and if you change your mind you can just show up okay?" He asks me, his tone hopeful. 

Without answering I take my phone  out of the back of my jeans pocket and pass it to him. he quickly punches in his phone number and sends himself a message. He then passes it back to me, giving me a bright smile. 

"Well, I have to get back. They should be arriving soon. I really do hope that you stop by." He adds in. He pulls his jacket closer to him as a gust of wind pushes against us. 

"Okay. I'll see you around." I drawl, lifting my hand in a wave as he crosses the street once again and walks off.