(58) Second thoughts and confirmation

*Quincy*

Keagan lived in a really nice area, to say the least. He seemed to be the type who lived on a healthy chunk of change, but this was insane. 

"Shit, I didn't even know about this part of town." Kendall says in awe. Looking out the window as he drives slowly up the road. His house wasn't located that far away from the school, but it was tucked away from the every day traffic that surrounds the school. 

Each house on this road is decorated brightly with Christmas lights, even though it's only thanksgiving. America seems to be way more invested in holidays compared to Ireland. Instead of mass, they celebrate by having cocktail hour and spending thousands of dollars on presents. My family has never spent time, nor money on holidays, Leaving me numb to this day. 

"Yeah, it's really nice. I thought that he was just an average college kid." 

"How did you even meet him?" He asks me. Turning his attention to me for a brief second. 

"I bumped into him at school, then once again when I was walking back from the store." 

"And he's just a friend?" 

"Yes. You know this." I whisper. Not liking what he is asking. He should know that I would never do that to Walker. To me, that would be cheating. 

This outfit alone, will make it seem like that is what I'm chasing after, and that's just not the truth. As we pull up to his house, my nerves reach breakdown level. I never attended any parties growing up, my father didn't want me to socialize with kids who were ' below us'. To him, that meant everybody but the kids of his country club friends. Which included Avery at a point in time, before his mother had lost most of her money. 

"Sorry if I over stepped. I'll support you no matter what you decide, and you know that. I just worry about you is all, you're family to me now. You have no choice in the matter either. Just know that I'm here for you if you do want to talk. I know that it's a hard subject to talk about, believe me. Sometimes you feel better once it's out there in the world." He whispers back. turning off the car and sitting back in his seat. His words cause me to feel slightly better. 

He's what I need in my life right now. He understands where I come from, seeing as he is in a relationship with the other Monroe brother. Well, I'm not exactly in a relationship with Walker, or am I? I don't know anymore. At a certain point your mind makes up memories that never even happened. 

"You can talk to me too you know. I did see how Monroe has changed, so I can help." I say for the first time. I don't think he knew of the multiple times where I was left alone with a drunk and sloppy Jack Monroe. He looks at me with saddened eyes, tiredness seeping through his slumped figure. 

"I don't know what to do Q, I tried talking to him. I even emptied out all of his booze. Nothing has gotten through to him. So, I'm just going to take a breather. If I don't, I might say things that I don't mean." He sighs. Rubbing his hand down his face in frustration. We sit in silence for a few moments. " Well, we better go in there right? We must look weird, just sitting outside." He tries to joke, but I could tell that he is still affected by our short but heavy conversation.

"Yeah I guess. Do you think it was a mistake? Coming here I mean? I barely know this guy, and don't know any of his friends." I ask. Doubting my decision once again. 

"I'm glad that you decided to come, it shows courage. I know that this is hard for you, but trust me, it will be worth it in the end."