Kenny Boy(59)

Quincy

Keagan looked good. He changed from when I saw him that morning, instead of his tight t-shirt and jeans he was wearing a loose knight sweater and dress pants. I could tell that Kendall felt the same way by the way he tapped my lower back. 

"Hey, I'm glad you made it. It's a shame to spend one of the only days we have off alone." Keagan says as he answers the door. His smile lighting up his entire face.

"Thank you for inviting me, that was very kind of you. This is my best friend Kendall." I introduce, motioning towards kendall who was now extending his hand for Keagan to shake.

"Hi, sorry about inviting myself. I just didn't have plans, and I haven't seen Quincy in a lil bit." He explains as Keagan shakes his hand. 

"It's no problem, the more the merrier really. Almost everyone brought a plus one anyways." Keagan responds. He backs out of the front door, allowing us into his house. 

"You live in a really nice neighborhood." I say to him, causing him to shrug his shoulders. 

"Thanks, this house is my aunts, she's letting me live here while I go to school." He explains. "You can just give me your jackets, and throw your shoes into the closet." 

We do as he asks and follow him as he leads us into the living room. Which is located beside a large modern kitchen. Sitting in the living room were around thirteen people all around our age. They look towards us with warm smiles on their faces, which allowed me to calm down a tad. 

"Guys, this is Quincy and Kendall." Keagan introduces us, and we receive a large response of hellos. "I'm just going to check on the food. I'll be right back." He then walks to the kitchen for a few moments. Nobody joins him, so I find a spot to sit on one of the coaches with kendall following behind me. 

"How do you know Keagan?" The girl across from us asks. She has straight honey blonde hair, and dark brown eyes. She was very normal looking, which is a big change from Avery's friend group. 

"We met at school briefly." I say, making her eyes widen. 

"You're british." She says while tapping the guy sitting beside her shoulder. He turns to her with a smile and I feel Kendall Tense up beside me. I look over to him in confusion and he's pale as a ghost. I nudge him to see if he's okay and he just nods his head yes and looks to the opposite side of the room.

"Um, no actually, I'm Irish. Close enough though." I respond to the girl. 

"Abby, you didn't introduce yourself. Have manners baby." The man responds, throwing an arm over her shoulder and pulling her closer to him. The action was out of affection, yet his eyes never looked in her direction. 

"Oh, sorry about that. I'm Abby, and this is Drew." She said, her voice too chipper for the mood that I am in. 

"Nice to meet you, although your friend back there looks very familiar. Have we met before?" He asks, looking at Kendall. Who's face is still extremely pale. I could see him struggling with forming any words so I step in. 

"Most likely not." I respond to Drew, taking his appearance in more. He seems to be around Kendalls age,  and he has the whole jock look going on. I feel Kendall step closer to me and tug lightly on my shirt. I turn towards him again and could instantly tell that something wasn't right. "Sorry, but we have to go. We will catch you guys later?" With that I pull Kendall away from the conversation and Drew, who had seemingly reverted Kendall back to his old ways.