Meant to be (17)

"You don't have to take me anywhere special."Quincy tells me as he buckles up. I look at him with a raised eyebrow.
"Let me treat you to a dinner. No questions asked okay?" I tell him. He nods his head and we pull out from his apartment building parking lot.
"How was your interview?" He asks me. Turning his body towards me.
"It was great. I'm just waiting for the call back. I have high hopes. I can't wait to get back on my feet." I tell him.
"That's awesome! I hope that you get it. It's a great start." He says. I nod along and focus on the road. The weather has bee pretty rough lately, so I'm trying to be careful. Usually, I wouldn't really care about my speed. In the army you're always speeding away, or towards something. It's odd getting back into normal life. With Quincy in the car with me, I have to make sure that I'm staying within the speed limit.
"How is school?" I ask him. Not really liking small talk, but I want to save the really important topics when I can actually focus on his facial expressions.
"It's okay, I'm keeping my marks up." He responds. I pull onto the road where the small restaurant resides. He peers out of the window a small smile on his lips. I take that as a good sign and motion for him to wait. I exit the car and walk over to his side. Opening his door, and helping him out of the car. A blush covering his cheeks. I wrap my hand around his, and guide him into the sidewalk. Nerves filling my system.
When we enter the place, the smell of food makes my stomach sound. Quincy looks over at me with a chuckle.
"I feel that. I haven't eaten today." He says. Causing worry to swallow me up.
"Why? Is everything okay?" I ask him quickly.
"Everything is fine, I was just doing homework and didn't notice that I missed both meals. I'll make up for it though." He tells me. Looking over at me with a small smile. A waiter approaches us with two menus in his hand.
"For two?" He asks us, looking between the two of us with an eyebrow raised.
"Yes please." I answer. We follow him as he leads us further into the restaurant. I see the glances that everybody shoots in our direction.
We are seated, with a promise that he would return to take our orders. "So, tell me about yourself." I tell him. Leaning on my hand. He chuckles softly.
"Oh, starting with that eh?" He jokes. I raise an eyebrow at him.
"Is there anything wrong with that question? I've known you for awhile, yet I know nothing about who you've become. So, talk to me." I respond.
"Well I'm eighteen. In my last year of high school. I like to play the piano, and I have a healthy obsession with fruit loops. I have all the gossip girl seasons on DVD. It's one of my guilty pleasures." He says. A blush coating his Cheeks.
"Now, that wasn't too hard, was it?" I tell him.
"Your turn." He responds.
"I'm twenty one. I served in the military. I have always wanted to be a cowboy, so I have a small collection of cowboy boots. I love Elvis. His music is so easy to listen to, it's my go to for the shower. I love any Adam sandler movie, I've probably watched 50 first dates a hundred times. I have a huge crush on James Franco. Is that enough?" I ask him.
"That's perfect." He says. The waiter then takes our orders and rushes off. After that we sit in a comfortable silence. Looking at each itched with soft gazes.
I never thought that he would say yes to tonight. Hell, any night. Yet, here he is. His bright green eyes staring doe like at me. His lips looking as inviting as ever.
This is my first step of gaining a sense of home
------------------

"You came home late last night." Kendall observes. Looking at me with narrow eyes. I blush slightly. Not knowing that they were waiting up for me.
"Uh yeah. Quincy said yes and we went out for dinner." I tell him. Opening the fridge and removing the orange juice. I turn around and smile at Kendall. His eyes are wide with curiosity, almost leaning out of his chair.
"And?" He asks me. I take a glass out of the cupboard and pour myself a glass before answering him.
"It was nice. We had dinner, walked around for a bit. Then, my stupid leg got sore so I took him home." I respond my. Knowing that I'm slowly killing him.
"Did you kiss him?" He asks me, his eyebrow raised.
"Of course I did." I scoff. His face blushes.
"I'm glad that you had fun." He tells me.
"I had a great time. I feel so at peace when I'm with him." I admit. Causing a smile to form on his lips.
"It's a great feeling. To find the person you were meant to be with." He whispers. His eyes looking slightly far away.
"Yeah.." I say. He's the person who was made for me. From the moment that I saw him all grown up, I became aware of that. Now, I just have to make him feel the same way.