Different beginning, different ending(48)

Quincy's P.O.V

It's nearing noon now, and my roommate still hasn't arrived. My neighbors have just arrived, and seeing as it is co-ed, the hallway now smells like a mixture of weed and cheap perfume. Not a pleasant scent, I can tell you that. 

The dorm room across from mine houses silent like students, which I am glad of. Seeing as once again, I do not enjoy the party life. I'm hoping that the movies are exaggerating the whole party all night thing. I want to be able to study, and get some decent sleep. Fingers crossed. 

An upside of residing in this specific dorm is that it is located directly across from the main building. Which houses the cafeteria and tutoring hub. That means that I don't have to walk too far to get some food in me. Kendall has already commented on my weight, which is a lot coming from him. I have worked towards eating more, I haven't noticed how bad it was. 

He wanted me to go and get a check up, but I didn't think that there was a reason to do so. I just had to eat, even though it seems like I'm never hungry. I was already skinny when I arrived to America. Not to this point though. 

I didn't bother to explore, seeing as I was not in the mood to get lost on campus. I'll look for my classes tomorrow, seeing as I have one more day before the school year starts. 

I decided earlier today after unpacking that I would just spend the day in bed, reading Stephen King's it. After that, I haven't decided what I want to do. Maybe go out for dinner with my new roommate. Well, if he wants to that is. He might want to meet other people, or something. 

At three my roommate finally arrives. Well, more like his family. His mother lead them into the small room, claiming that she always gets them to the desired location on time. Her red curls fell into her face, and her warm smile instantly makes me feel welcomed. When her gaze falls onto me, I quickly sit up. Smiling back at her. 

"Oh hi dear, you must be my boys roommate. Sorry if we just barged in." She says to me. A man who's dressed in a sleek suit puts his arm around his wife. His hair graying along his hairline, and his bright blue eyes standing out. They were a beautiful couple. My eyes catch a blur as a small little girl flies towards the bed. She must be at least seven years old. Her hair is in braids that are tied up with light pink ribbons. She couldn't be any cuter. 

Lastly, there was my roommate. Well his body anyways, seeing as a box was covering up the upper part of him. 

"No, it's fine. I left the door open for a reason." I say, a smile on my face. My roommate drops the box down after his family moved further into the room. Making it feel even smaller in size.

"You're such a sweet heart. I see that you have already claimed your side of the room. I'm warning you, Mattie has a lot of clothes." The mother continues. Smiling warmly at her son. 

Her son had dark hair like his father, but had his mothers freckles and brown eyes. He was the perfect combination of the two, unlike his younger sister who looked more like the mother. They were a good looking family, that's for sure. 

"Not as much as most guys my age Ma. Sorry about her, she's more excited about me going her than me. I'm Mathew, but my friends and family call me Mattie." Mathew says, outstretching his hand. I quickly shake it lightly, before dropping my hand into my lap. He seemed like a nice guy, doesn't seem to be a dick either. So that's good. 

"Hey, I'm Quincy. You can just call me Q." I say. 

"So, you're from Ireland?"The father asks me. An eyebrow raised. 

"Yes sir, I moved to America last year." I explain, he nods and looks away. Seeming to be more of a silent guy. He was good looking, and a part of me wished that he was my age... or not married. I sigh and look back to the little girl on the bed. 

"Don't mind her, we just had a nine hour drive here. She doesn't like car rides that much." Mathew says. Dropping down beside his sister, her looks at him with a mini scowl that soon turns into a wide smile as he starts tickling her sides. 

"Talking about drives, we should get going. I don't want to get home too late... well later than if we stayed here any longer. It was nice meeting you Quincy." The mother says. With that I stand up, wanting to give them privacy so they could say goodbye. I silently waved at them before walking out of the room. I decide to walk to the lounge, which is located downstairs. 

Although Kendall had dropped me off, I do wish that my parents cared enough about me to see me off. This was a goal of mine since I was a kid, getting away from their distant parenting. Now that it has happened, I just wish that it was different.