Shelter (50)

*Quincy's P.O.V*

I thought that waiting an hour before returning to the room was decent. The family would have most likely left, and he had the opportunity to unpack. I wanted to make a good impression, seeing as I would be spending the next year with the guy. Plus, requesting a new roommate was a pain in the ass, to be honest. I don't want to be known as the guy who doesn't get along with everybody. 

When I was walking back to the dorm room, many people were still moving their things into their own rooms. One guy was even moving a couch in, I have no idea how he is going to make that fit. 

When I arrived, I debated knocking but deemed it weird. I should just walk in. The door swinging open startled me and I fell back. Falling on my butt, which sent a sharp pain up my back. 

"Oh shit, are you okay little dude?" Matthew asks. His nickname causing a blush to arise on my cheeks. 

"um, yeah. The only thing hurt is my ego. Sorry about lurking, I was just just about to enter." I say as I take his outreached hand. He lifts me up quickly. My hand drops and goes to my butt, trying to rub away the soreness. 

"It's okay, I just wanted to check out the campus. Want to come?" He asks with a tilt of his head. Making him look like a puppy. 

"Uh sure, just let me grab my wallet and keys." I whisper. He moves to the side so I can get in. I quickly scurry to my bed. Where I had left my wallet and keys. I had luckily grabbed my phone before leaving the room. It would have been a boring hour if I didn't.

"Ready to go?" Matthew asks as I exit the room. Closing and locking the door behind me. 

"Yeah, where do you want to go first?" I ask, looking up at him. Seeing as he is at least a foot taller than me. As we start walking I notice all of the looks tossed at him from both genders. He over shadows me, which is fine. I don't like attention anyways. 

"I was thinking that we would be best checking out the main building first. Then winging it from that point on. Seeing as we will most likely get lost along the way." He explained. I nod my head, putting my hands into my jean pockets. 

"Sounds good to me. So, why did you choose this university?" I ask as we head down the flight of stairs. 

"My dad went here, and the stories that he would tell me were amazing. He was actually on the football team, which is cool. Not really my thing though. I'm more like my mom, I would prefer to be the one in the bleachers." He explains to me, a soft smile on his face. You could tell that he loved his family. 

"Your mom didn't go here?" I ask. He nods his head no. 

"She went to a college on the outskirts of Florida. so a ways away." He says. "How about you? why did you choose this uni?"

"Um, well my parents chose to send me here for high school. This really fancy private school. Once I graduated I decided to stay here, seeing as my friends are all here. Plus Ireland doesn't have a school like this." I explain to him, trying to leave out as much information as possible.

"Ireland seems beautiful." He sighs.

"It really is, if you have the chance you should check it out.That and Scotland." I tell him with a smile. 

We have finally reached outside. The campus is bustling with students. They are either clutching a map in their hands, or hugging their parents goodbye.

"I'm not much of a flyer. Heights and I don't really get along." He jokes. We cross the street and make our way towards the main building in front of us. I had already gone on a tour of this school when I was in grade twelve. Since then, I have most likely forgotten everything.

"This is so much better than the schools in my area, they're all run down and old." he continues, as we walk into the building the amount of students scurrying around startles me. 

"Holy shit. There's more people in here than the population of my village back home." I whisper. The voices of the students create a murmur. I hand grabs mine and I look down. 

"So we don't get separated." Matthew says with a wide smile. Dragging me further into the large building. 

*Kendall's P.O.V*

Well, that talk didn't go as planned. I wanted to get through his thick skull that I'm here for him. He has such a bad mentality about needing help. I just find it odd that he is fine with Walker going to rehab, but once it's himself he believes that therapists won't help his cause. It's ridiculous. 

Also, I'm his lover. We have shared so much with each other, why not share pain as well? Isn't that what a relationship is about... being there for one another? 

If I were in pain, he would punish me if I didn't go to him. Why can't I punish him as well?

With that thought I lug the suitcase out of our storage closet and drag it to our bedroom. He most likely won't notice that I'm gone until tomorrow. He is so invested in hiding in that damned office. 

Once he admits that he needs me, I'll come home. Till then I will book a hotel room and stay there.