"I decided to patch you up myself. Your injuries were minor... but then, I noticed your FICA. You're a cardfighter, right?" Kai asked, taking a seat at the table.

"Yeah..." Ryu walked up to him, looking down at the man.

"Then I decided we should Cardfight." After mulling through his pockets, Kai took out a FICA and showed it off to Ryu.

"Are you for real?" Ryu raised a brow, before slamming his fist on the table. "I got a flight to head to!"

"Where are you flying?" Kai asked.

"None of your damn business. So, I appreciate the fact you were trying to help me out, but keeping me hostage to play a card game seems silly."

"I'm not keeping you hostage... I merely want to have a game. That's all." Kai replied. "Please, take a seat so we can begin. The moment we finish, is the moment you can get out of here."

"Fine..." Ryu pulled up a seat and sat down.

"I knew your sister." Kai said as he took out his deck from his FICA.

"How the hell do you know I have a sister?" Ryu asked as he shuffled his deck.

"She told me. Hiyori was her name, right?" Kai put down his deck and drew five cards.

"Yeah... What about it?" Ryu asked, looking through his hand.

"She was quite peculiar. I heard she passed away." Kai returned three cards in his hand to the deck.

"Yeah...The upcoming Star Gate Branch Manager stabbed her after a performance." Ryu said bitterly.

"Kyle Black?" Kai raised a brow in surprised. "I wouldn't imagine it was him, out of all people."

"Me too..."

"Didn't he pass away too?"

"Yeah. Apparently someone killed him too." Ryu put his fingers on his starting vanguard.

"You got your revenge then." Kai nodded, putting his fingers on his starting vanguard.

"Bittersweet revenge." Ryu replied. "What he doesn't know is that I killed Kyle with my own two hands..."

"Stand up, (the!) Vanguard!"

"Extreme Battler, Kabutron!" The vanguard circle expanded orange.

"Involution Star-vader, Carbon!" The vanguard circle expanded red.

"This guy is also using the same deck as him... how funny and cruel..." Ryu laughed sadly. "Heh..."

"I'll start us off. Stand and draw! I ride Penrose Gate! Moving Carbon back and end."

Kai:
Hand: 5
Damage: 0
OXO
OXO

Ryu:
Hand: 5
Damage: 0
OXO
OOO

"I ride Gunzdon! Moving Kabutron back! Boosted, Gunzdon attacks! (7000 > 12000)"

"No guard!"

"Drive check! (Extreme Battler, Ninjaad)"

"Damage check! (Turmoil Star-vader, Zinc)"

"Turn end."

Kai:
Hand: 5
Damage: 1
OXO
OXO

Ryu:
Hand: 6
Damage: 0
OXO
OXO

"Stand and draw! I ride Globuladia! Call Dubnium! He attacks! (9000)"

"No guard! (Exxtreme Battler, Victor)"

"Boosted by Carbon, Glob! (9000 > 14000)"

"No guard!"

"Drive check! (Star-vader, Magellanic Stream) Heal trigger, all to vanguard and healing a damage! (14000 > 19000)"