Chapter 30

Dylan's POV

I woke up this morning to a notification on my phone. It was an email from Seventeen magazine. They said they would like to have me as a model. You're probably thinking when did I apply to be a model? It was a dare I did three weeks ago with the girls. I filled out the form and attached a picture. I guess they like me. I am actually happy because now I can make a life for myself. I was so happy that I ran downstairs and made everyone pancakes. The boys didn't sleep over tonight since they booked a hotel room for the rest of the week they have off.

When I finished setting up and cooking I got two pots and started banging them together to wake everyone up and have them come downstairs.

Once they all came down and sat at the table I screamed:

Dy: WAKEY WAKEY PANCAKES  AND FRUIT-Y!
get it cause I made that not eggs and bacon?

Li: why are you up so early?
R: and cheery?
A: what happened?
Dy: so you guys know how you made me sign up to be a model for Seventeen?!
H: what are you talking about?
A: for a dare three weeks ago we made her apply to be a model for Seventeen magazine.
Le: oh
Dy: so, as I was saying... I GOT THE JOB!! THEY WANT ME TO BE A MODEL FOR THEM!!

All of them started screaming and jumping up and down with me. I was truly happy!

H: are you going to accept the job?
Dy: H. E. DOUBLE HOCKEY STICK YES!
A: I'm so happy for my girl. They grow up too fast.
Dy: hey I'm older!
A: let me have my moment.

The rest of the breakfast was spent talking about my new job. I called them and accepted their offer. They told me they have a studio in Los Angelos and New York. I told them I'm from New Jersey and they told me to go to the New York studio tomorrow for a trial. I can't wait!

————

The boys came over later for lunch while I was outside tanning with Rachel, Lilly and Ashley. Today I couldn't stop smiling.

Le: hey Dyl?!
Dy: yeah?!
H: come tell the boys the news
Dy: oh right!

I got up and the other girls followed suit. I walked through the back door into the front hall where the boys and April were standing with Leah and Harper.

Da: so... what's the news?!
Dy: IM SO EXCITED!!

I started jumping like a little girl again. I can't help it I'm so happy. Daniel had to come over and hold me in place so I could tell them the news.

Da: stop jumping and tell us already!
C: yeah!!
Dy: YOU GUYS ARE LOOKING AT THE NEWEST MODEL FOR SEVENTEEN MAGAZINE!!
Da: NO WAY?!
Dy: YES WAY!!

Daniel gave me one of his huge bear hugs. All the other boys came up to me and hugged me congratulating me except for Zach. Why can't he at least look at me? What's his problem? He's got April who just gave me a dirty look again. What is her issue?

Da: When do you start?
Dy: Tomorrow and since I still can't drive I need someone to take me.
Da: Corbyn can you take her?
C: yeah I'm cool with that.
Da: cool I'm coming too. Can't let my boo go without me.

I shoved Daniel with the last part. He's such a dork sometimes. Zach's head is hung low. Seriously though, what is his issue? And what was April's issue? I haven't said a word to her.