Chapter 29

Dylan's POV

I'm so excited for prank wars. Ashley and I have everything set up for team Danbean. It is so on.

Ashley and I woke up at six in the morning to set everything up. She worked on the cameras while I worked on the actual prank. On top of the door is a bowl of syrup when Daniel opens it, it will fall on his head. Than I'll throw feathers on him. That was my part. Ashley however, is pranking Corbyn. She is placing his phone charger and phone in a ziplock bag. She than filled the cup up with water. Turning it over. Some water spilled but she cleaned that up. The water that was left however, is in an upside down cup. Corbyn will have tons of fun cleaning up that mess.

8:30....

Daniel woke up first as usual. Ashley pressed play on the cameras. He walked out of the spare room and the syrup fell right on top of him. He screamed so loud and like a girl. it was very funny. I immediately threw the feathers on him. He looked right at me and smirked. Crap I'm done for. He approached me slow which made me back up until I hit the wall.

Da: oh Dylan. Little, little Dylan. Come here give your best friend a hug.

He wrapped his arms around me and gave me a hug. Covering me in syrup and feathers.

Dy: DANIELLLL!!

Pretty sure we both woke up the whole house. Zach and April came running out of their room, same for the others. They saw Daniel and immediately started laughing. I was now covered in some of the syrup and feathers. He released me from the hug which made me think it was over. Turns out I was wrong. He picked me up and started running.

Dy: DANIEL JAMES SEAVEY PUT ME DOWN RIGHT NOW!!
Da: NAH IM GOOD! WAIT?! HOW DO YOU KNOW MY MIDDLE NAME?!
Dy: the internet....
Da: you looked me up on THE INTERNET?!
Dy: maybe....
Da: you are so going to get it!!
Dy: wha-

Before I could finish my sentence Daniel jumped and I was immediately in water. I wasn't paying attention to where we were running, I probably should've. I got above the surface of the water and saw Daniel smiling like an idiot. I saw everyone watching us and Ashley videotaping. I  jumped on Daniel and we started wrestling. After 5 minutes we gave up.

Da: truce?
Dy: truce.

Zach's POV

I know I have April but looking at Daniel and Dylan together, hurts. I know they're just friends, but I can't help it. I really screwed up during that interview. I made her seem so needy and stupid. I remember her phone call like it was yesterday even though it was five weeks ago.

Flashback five weeks...

I was in the middle of writing the lyrics to finish one of the songs for our new album when my phone started ringing. When I saw it was Dylan I picked it up right away.

Z: hello?
Dy: WHAT THE HECK ZACH?!
Z: what's wrong?
Dy: WHATS WRONG?! YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHATS WRONG!
Z: I don't!
Dy: THE INTERVIEW ZACH THE INTERVIEW!
Z: what about it. I tried to help! I think it worked!
Dy: NO IT DID NOT!! YOU MADE ME SEEM PETTY AND NEEDY. YOU PROVED ALL THE THINGS THEY SAID TO BE TRUE!
Z: what do you mean?
Dy: WHAT I MEAN IS THE HATE IS WORSE AND NOW THERES MORE ATTENTION TOWARDS ME!! I CANT DO THIS ANYMORE.
Z: but..
Dy: DID I EVER TELL YOU THAT I HATE ATTENTION?! THE AMOUNT I GOT BEFORE WASNT BAD BUT NOW YOU MADE IT WORSE. I CANT KEEP DOING THIS ZACH!
Z: I'm so sorry! I had no idea what was happening!
Dy: I can tell, just do me a favor Zach?
Z: anything
Dy: I can't do this anymore. Please find a girl who you truly love and can handle all the attention. You truly deserve someone better. Go find yourself a girl who you deserve.
Z: but, I want you Dylan!
Dy: Zach, please listen to me. Forget about me and find the perfect girl. She's out there waiting I know it. All I keep doing is hurting you constantly. I can't live with myself if I cause all of it. I love you Zach and this is just best. I got to go now, but please take care and find her. She's waiting for you.

Before I could respond the line went dead. I was so mad at myself. I started screaming and punched the pillow on the couch. How could I have been so stupid? I don't know what I did? She said "I love you". Does that mean she liked me back? I'm so confused. But, all I know is that I have to complete her promise. And that's exactly what I did last week when I met April. I truly like her, but not as much as Dylan. I hope that can change.

End of flashback....

I can't sit there and watch them together. This isn't fair. Why can't she be with me? Why did I have to screw up as usual?

Dylan's POV

We both got out of the pool and we're handed towels by Leah. I noticed Corbyn wasn't there. Part two begins.

C: OH MY GOD WHO DID THIS?!

We all immediately ran to where Corbyn was. Ashley and I looked at each other and started laughing.

Dy: Team Dash has just pranked Team Danbean! How's it feel fellas?!
C: that's it!
Corbyn immediately came running towards me. I yelled and started running. Unfortunately, I wasn't fast enough. Corbyn tackled me into a bear hug and started tickling me. How'd he find out my weakness?

Zach's POV

Now that Dylan and Corbyn are together goofing off, it stings. She won't even look at me. I think April seems to notice Dylan in a different way than before. Whenever we're around her she starts becoming clingy. Is the way I look at Dylan give her the idea that I like Dylan? This needs to stop. Everything is so complicated. I wish I knew how to fix this.

April's POV.

I finally had Zach to myself and we were going to visit the other boys' girlfriends. I came along just in case being in Dylan's house mads him remember her and like her better. When we got there I did not expect to see the she devil herself. He looks at her like he's a three year old in a candy store. I'm really pushing myself on him trying to get his attention which I think is making him more distant. I need to warn Dylan to stay away from Zach and back up. He's mine and forever will be. If I have to kill for him I will. No one can take him away from me.

Authors note:

TA DAAA!!!! HOWD YOU LIKE THE FIRST PRANK?! Another dramatic ending, my bad. Anyways keep reading it only gets better!!

~lex💜