Chapter 26

Zach's POV

When I heard what Jack had said, I immediately knew what I had to do. I need to stay here and talk to Dylan. No way am I going to let her go unless I know her feelings towards me. And....... at least try to persuade her to come home.

Dylan's POV

Ashley and I were finally ready and we're heading to the car. I told her what happened and she said that I should talk to Zach. Let him know the truth. I trust Ashley a whole lot and I think she's right.

When we got to the place I went straight passed the couple greeting each other and started running the projector again. Yes I am a nerd. I worked with computers once in a cycle class in freshman year so I have a big enough background to understand the system of the projector.

After I started the movie, got the food ready, gave them the food and drinks, turned on the lights and made sure everything was perfect I sat down on the grass leaning on a tree. I closed my eyes for a couple seconds and just kept remembering what was going on. Zach came back to get me. But why? What am I to him?

Speaking of the devil, Zach sat down right next to me. I immediately noticed his cologne. I opened my eyes and turned towards him to see him looking like a mess. Ughh, why am I so stupid. Look at this poor boy. Maybe it was management causing this stress. If its me, I don't know what I'll do with myself.

Z: so...
Dy: so...
Z: why'd you leave?
Dy: honest or lie?
Z: honesty Dyl
Dy: fine, I couldn't handle the limelight's
Z: what do you mean
Dy: what I mean is, I can't stand them getting all up in my business. So I figured, if I left all of you with no notice you'd hate me and never come for me. Guess that didn't work.
Z: have they been sending you hate at all?
Dy: honestly, yes! I've been trying to cope with it but I analyze too much and couldn't stand it. I felt the door with you guys closing and my dream door opening so I closed the door before it closed on me. And opened the one I've been dying for, for my whole life.
Z: you still could've told us. Your cousin, best friends and whatever we are!
Dy: what do you mean "and whatever we are!"
Z: what I mean is, from the day I first talked to you I've liked you and now I love you. Your killing me Dylan. I can't live with myself if I'm not with you.
Dy: well, I like you too. You know it's hard for me to put so much trust in someone since the incident in sixth grade. But, I am willing to try now.
Z: seriously?
Dy: yes, seriously. You came to a different country looking for me, for God's sake! I must really mean something to you and the group for you to do that. I trust you now because you came for me even if I didn't want or need you to. I can now trust that when I need or want you to come for me, you'll be there.
Z: you know something?
Dy: no
Z: your very chill. Now if this is too much right now, you can decline and we can go slower. But, Dylan Rose Rayland will you please be my girlfriend?
Dy: I don't know... I gotta think about it.

Zach's face immediately fell to a frown. I started laughing at him and he looks like he's on the verge of tears.

Dy: yo dude, I'm just messing with you. Yes I will be your girlfriend Zachary Dean Herron, as long as you promise to be my boyfriend.
Z: deal

We shook hands like idiots until he pulled me into a huge hug. I liked Zach's hugs. We broke apart from the hug when I remembered I had to help out on the date.

Dy: CRAP!
Z: what?
Dy: I gotta go finish the date
Z: I'll help
Dy: you sure?
Z: 100%
Dy: okay, come on!

I grabbed his hand and started running towards the set up. They were only half way through the movie when we returned. They were still eating so it doesn't make me seem like I fell down on the job.

Zach's POV

I am so thrilled she said yes. I finally have my princess. I truly think she's the one. I hope she stays with me. I want her to come back to America with us.

Z: hey Dyl?
Dy: yeah?
Z: your coming back to America with us right?
Dy: wrong
Z: what do you mean
Dy: this is my dream Zach, I finally got it like you got yours.
Z: I know but I want you with me
Dy: Out of all people, Zach you should be the first to know that when you get your dream you'd do anything to keep it. We can still keep in touch. I'm in good hands, trust me. I have that whole group of friends I posted on Instagram which I meant my comment about them, FYI.
Z: yeah I understand but I'll miss you
Dy: we can FaceTime everyday, always post on Instagram and text each other. We live in the 21st century! We can always keep in touch!
Z: you're weird ya know
Dy: that is why you love me
Z: true

Dylan's POV

Two days skip...

Zach and I are dating. No we will not be telling the limelight's because I am not ready for that yet. I'm lemon darkness not limelight. People need to get that through their thick skulls. 

The girls and guys went back to America. Zach and I have been texting non-stop. I do miss him a lot, but there's nothing else I can do. We both have our dreams. He got his, so why can't I get mine?

Authors note:

Yeah, Ik Ik Ik this chapter is cringe. But, whatever. Hope the story is coming along the way you had hoped. Well maybe for now it is....... SURPRISE!

~lex💜