Chapter 4: I Just Want To Talk!

Melody's P-O-V

"I just want to talk to you. Just for a second," Prodigy asked looking deep into my eyes.

"Make it fast!" I said getting agitated.

"I just wanted to say that-"

"Uh, I think we have to go. We have to do that performance," Princeton said cutting Prodigy off.

We looked at him with raised eyebrows.

"What?" he asked confused.

We then rolled our eyes and turned our attention away from him. At that, Keisha came in looking for the boys.

"There you are! What are you guys doing in here? Come on! You have to perform," she ordered.

"Keisha, we're sorry, but can we please get a couple more minutes to talk to the girls?" Prodigy pleaded.

"No! We don't have time. Now let's go!"

We all walked out of hiding and went into the school's auditorium. The guys went backstage as Andrew, Leslie, and I sat in the crowd. Just then, Travis came and sat next to me.

"Hey babe," he said giving me a quick peck.

"Hey," I responded.

"Oh, hold on. I'll be back. My boys' calling me.

He got up and left before I could say anything.

"Yeah, his boys' calling him," I heard Leslie mumble sarcastically.

"What did you say?" I demanded getting annoyed with her attitude.

"What? I didn't say a word," she replied pretending to be confused.

"Yeah. Sure," I retorted with a roll of my eyes.

I turned around to see if there were any signs of Travis, but I couldn't see him. Oh well.

The boys performed and I can't lie, they were good. The crowd was hyped and everything, but seeing all of the girls screaming out for Prodigy made me feel a little angry. A little uneasy.

After the performance and greeting, it was time to go back to class. We only had 7th period left. As I was walking to class, I felt a hand grab mine. I turned around and saw Prodigy smiling in my face.

Roc Royal's P-O-V

I went to look for Leslie after the performance was over. I had something really important to tell her. I saw her standing in front of an unopened classroom door, talking to Andrew. I just decided to be romantic and sneak up behind her. I wrapped my arms around her waist then kissed her cheek.

When I did that, she turned around and planted one on me. I was a little surprised, but I don't regret it.

"Blech, you guys need to get a room," I heard Andrew say and walk away.

We both laughed.

"Aww, I missed you Rocky!" she said while giving me a little squeeze.

I smiled and told her: "I missed you too Les. Listen. I want to take you out tonight. A movie maybe?"

I rocked her back and forth as we talked.

"Okay. Sure. What time?"

"Like, around 8 o'clock? I'll pick you up."

"Okay."

Even though I asked her out for the night, that's not all I wanted to talk to her about. I just used that to stall and think if it was the right time to say what I wanted. It was serious and it may put a little toll on the relationship, but I hope that things don't change when I do tell her.

After that, it was a short silence as I just held her in my arms. Felling that what I was about to reveal may make this the last chance that I have to hold her close to me again.

"Uh, Leslie. I have to ask you something."

"Well, what is it?"

What would you do if I got a little close with another girl while I was on tour?"

I was afraid of her reaction.

She backed away from me,"Roc, what are you trying to say?"

"Uh, Mr. Roc Royal, I'm sorry, but Miss Leslie has to come into class," the teacher interrupted as she stuck her head out of the door.

I was glad that she did that. Mainly because she saved my life... even if it's only for a couple of hours.

Leslie turned to look at me then said: "This conversation isn't over. We'll finish this on our date tonight. And you better have your explanation straight by then."

She spun around, whipping her hair, and stomped off into the classroom. I heard my ringtone of Drake's Crew Love and saw that I got a text from Ray.

"Aye, Roc. Come on. We got to go. Get to the van."

I answered saying: "I'm on my way."

With a heavy heart, I carried myself to the van and jumped in. I stared out of the window, lost in thought. What am I going to do?

"Yo, Roc, are you alright?" I heard Princeton ask.

"Yeah. I'm just fine."

*~SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT TIME~*

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Sorry about taking forever to upload a chapter. First, I had writers block. Then, when the ideas and words began to flow again, I wrote a whole bunch of chapters but I couldn't post them because I had WI-FI problems and I wrote all of my chapters on the iPad. I'm still having those problems, I just finally decided to copy them from off of the iPad. Anyway, I hope you liked the chapter! And there are plenty more to come :) By the way, Happy Birthday to Roc! -Yaya