Chapter 46: I Can't Win Part 2

Leslie's P-O-V

I heard the doorbell ring so I ran downstairs to answer it. When I opened it, Melody was standing there.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with an attitude.

I wasn't expecting her to come around here unless she wanted to fight. And I wasn't having that today.

"You were right, okay? I really don't want Andrew. I've been using him to get over Prod, but it's not working. And I can't even get in contact with Prodigy. He won't talk to me at all. I tried calling and texting and leaving voicemails, but none of it works. Just, please, help me? I need to talk to him."

I missed Melody. So maybe helping her out could be a step for us to be friends again.

I let out a sigh then spoke in a hushed tone, "Okay. He's at the Ritz Carlton Hotel down by the beach. I don't know what room it is, but just go searching, you'll find him."

"Thank you so much and, you know, I'm sorry for the way I've been acting lately. I've been thinking and I haven't been much of a good friend."

"I haven't either, I went off on you for something so dumb."

"But you were only trying to help. If you hadn't said all of those things, I wouldn't have realized how dumb my actions were," We hugged each other tightly. "Now if you'll excuse me, I got to go get my man."

"Go get him!"

I laughed and shook my head then closed the door to turn around and see Kori behind me.

"Who was that?" She asked looking at me funny.

"Oh. Um, that was just Melody."

"Well, tell me what happened."

"She actually apologized."

I saw Kori cut her eyes, "And you believed her?"

I didn't want to get Kori upset, seeing that for some reason she did not like Melody at all and she was there for me when Melody, Andrew, and I weren't on good terms. So, even though I accepted the apology, I wasn't going to tell Kori that.

"No. Of course not."

"Good."

But something tells me this wasn't the best thing to do.

Melody's P-O-V

I walked to the bus stop. I was getting to Prodigy one way or another. It felt like forever as I waited for the bus to finally pull up. And the ride was gruesome. I haven't been on a city bus in a while. When I finally got to the hotel that I was told MB was at, I walked up to the front desk.

"Excuse me," I said to the concierge behind the desk. "I'm close friends with one of the guests here."

"Okay and may I ask who that guest is?"

I knew she would dismiss me as soon as I said Prodigy's name. Therefore, I had to think quick.

"Um, my friend's name is-"

She cut me off, "Hold that thought."

"Okay."

She walked into the back room and I quickly went behind the desk to look for a guest name. She left the computer logged on. Haha. Idiot. I scrolled through the names and found Misty. Isn't that Ray's girlfriend? Hey, only one way to find out.

I went back to the other side of the desk then the concierge returned.

"Sorry about that. Who are you here to see?"