Chapter 16: Trouble on My Mind

Roc Royal's P-O-V

"Where are you going?" I heard Princeton ask as I attempted to quietly sneak out.

"Uh..."

I couldn't tell him. I tried to make up a lie. I hope he'll believe it.

"Uh, I'm just going out to the... pool! Yeah, the pool!"

"The pool?"

I nodded my head frantically.

He leaned against the wall, crossed his arms, and raised an eyebrow, "You're going to the pool at 10:00 at night?"

"Did I say pool? I meant stool. I'm going to go stool..."

Did I really just say that? Stool? Ugh... I'm an idiot.

"Roc, you suck at lying. Now tell me where you're going."

"Can you guys shut up. I'm trying to get my beauty sleep," Ray-Ray said cutting the light on and sitting up.

"Well, tell Roc to tell me where he's going," Princeton retorted.

Ray rubbed his eyes and looked at me, "Where are you going, Roc?"

"Fine, you guys want to know? I can't sleep. I feel like I have to get out of here. My mind has been under a lot of stress since that Leslie situation and I need to be alone right now. So can I leave?"

"Whoa... Um, sorry. We'll just leave you alone," Princeton said going back onto his bed.

I left the room. I walked out and caught a cab. I made the driver drive me over to Malkia's house.

Malkia's P-O-V

I laid back onto my bed and thought about the night. Andrew is such a punk. All he talks about is human rights and poetry and love and feelings. But, I'm sure the date would have been a little bit better if that Melody girl had kept her mouth shut. Ugh... How did she even know about Roc and I? I hope Andrew isn't mad because I need him. I mean, how else can I get my mom off of my back? He's like the only guy that my mom has ever approved of. When I was going on tour, my mother hated MB, especially Roc. But I got her to let me go because my friend Jaelin was going. But to be honest, I still like Roc a lot. I mean, can you blame me? He's Roc Royal! There's no possible way that you can't not love him. He's just perfect.

"Let's escape into the universe, 

But let me show you how to do it first. 

Sit patient. 

Till you feel a tingling sensation. 

Don't start shaking relax and try to take it..."

I answered my phone.

"Um, Malkia... It's me. Roc."

"What's up?"

"I think we should talk."

"I think we should too. But when?"

"I'm on my way there. I'll text you when I get there."

"Um, okay. I'll just, um, wait then."

"Yeah. Bye."

"Bye."

*~SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT TIME~*