Chapter 37: Ex-Boyfriends

Melody's P-O-V

My eyes fluttered open and I saw a figure standing in front of me.

"Who the heck are-"

The person covered my mouth, "Sh... Don't worry, love. I'm not going to hurt you."

I recognized that voice from anywhere. Travis.

"What do you want from me?"

"Just wanted to know if you were alright. Glad to see you're conscious and remembering things. Do you remember what happened last night?"

"Well, I know that you tried to rape me. I know that you're the reason that I'm in this condition."

"Oh. See? Now that's where you're wrong. You don't remember anything that happened."

"Yes I-"

"Save it. Just answer my question, was Prodigy the one who told you that I tried to rape you?"

"Yes and-"

"It was just a yes or no question. Just know this. He lied to you. He was the one who tried to rape you. I was the one who saved you."

"You're lying!"

"Would I ever lie to you, Melody?" He questioned tracing my jawline with the side of his index finger.

I flinched. I was afraid that he would hurt me again. I did not trust Travis one bit.

I turned my head away from him, "I know about your secrets."

"What secrets?"

"You're a manipulative, cheating dog who's psychopathic in every way."

"But you love me!"

"You wish! I used to love you, Travis. I can't love you anymore. You are sick and need help. My love isn't enough for you."

He clenched his teeth and I saw his jaw tense up. I prepared for a hit. A punch, a slap, something. But that didn't happen. His eyes got watery.

"I'm sorry," he croaked. "I treated you wrong. I know, but I want to change. Help me, Melody. Help me change."

"I know you have a heart somewhere behind that cold stare. Oh, I know. But, just lay off of that jealousy stuff."

"So does that mean we're back together?"

"Sitting in this hospital room, I realized something. We are not compatible at all. I'm too head strong and you're too controlling. I can't be with someone where I can't excel and be myself around..."

"But you can be yourself around me."

"Travis, there are probably a lot of things that you don't even know about me."

"I know you, Melody! I know that you always look down when you blush. I know that you get a sparkle in your eye when I say that I love you, which I do. I know that you're insecure about your smile."

"But what makes me special to you? Apparently nothing because you're running around cheating on me."

"You are special to me. If you weren't, would I be here begging for you back?"

"I don't know why you are because you seem to have a lot of other girls that are so much better than me. If they weren't then why would you cheat?"

"I don't know! I just did! But I want you! Don't just leave me like this!"

"You expect me to stay with a guy who nearly killed me?"

"But I never meant to and I'm sorry!"

"So what was your intentions?"