- o t h e r woman

Summary: Now that Jon is Lord Of Winterfell, he must be married; house Stark needs more allies. But when he and his betrothed are together, he can't seem to get someone else off his mind.

Characters: Jon Snow x Reader

Meanings: (Y/N)= Your name

Warnings: Shouting, arguing, mention of rape and death

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Why was married life so lonely? Wasn't it supposed to be a symbol of deep love and partnership? Binding two souls together? Obviously not, especially if you are just being used to form an alliance. I had always grown up knowing that I wouldn't call in love, my father forbid it. All my life I ignored those who caught my eye, it would never happen so why waste my time?

And here I was years later, married to the new King in the North. It wasn't what I was expecting it to be. Yes, it had been awkward at times, especially on our first night as man and wife (he refused to even hold my hand) but we had grown closer over time; definitely not in love, but at least friends. We supported each other, we believed in the same things so it was easy to rule Winterfell. But there was always something about Jon, like he was hiding something. After all he had been through, I'm sure he had some secrets though this was really starting to take a toll.

"Jon?" I called out as I approached him. He was on the wall, staring out beyond Winterfell.

"(Y/N), sorry, I was lost in thought." he smiled, a rare sight these days.

"That is fine my lord, I was just concerned for a moment. Anything you wish to share?" we stood side by side.

"No, I will not trouble you. It is not important."

Of course it wasn't.

"As you wish."

"Have I offended you?" he frowned, turning to face me.

"No, why would you say that?"

"Your tone of voice clearly showed that."

"You are over thinking things my lord. I now see that you need to be alone."

Turning on my heel, I didn't dawdle as I scurried away, not wanting to talk to him anymore. We would just end up arguing, that was plain to see. It was weird when we fought; we were both so strong about our opinions and thoughts. Although it was very rare for us to argue, it was awful when we did. I'm sure even Jon's direwolf Ghost was frightened when he heard our screaming matches.

As I stormed through the castle, I disregarded everything around me. Jon had been so distant recently. By now I was expecting some reciprocation of love, even if he did finally hold my hand. It angered and embarrassed me. We had no heir to Winterfell, the people were becoming suspicious, wondering if we were really in a consumated marriage. Jon was a very attractive man, it wouldn't be hard to put those feelings aside just so that we could have a child. It wasn't even about my duties, I had always wanted a child, even if their parents weren't loving of each other.

"My lady, something seems to be bothering you." Perry, one of my closest friends and the head chef in the castle startled me.

"By God's Perry, why are you so quiet? Do you sneak around on purpose?"

He chuckled."Alas, I am stuck in the kitchens all day, I can do no such thing."

"Why are you not there right now?"

"The Maester wishes to change his diet, something to do with his age I think. I am headed there now."

"I'll walk with you."