- m i n d G a m e s

✖ Characters/relationships: Tywin Lannister x Reader; Tyrion Lannister, Joffrey Baratheon, Varys

✖ Genres: Mild flirting, fluff

✖ Summary: You are in secret relationship with Tywin which allows you to be less careful with words when it comes to King Joffrey and himself. @elenawrit

✖ Disclaimer: All characters are at least 21 y/o unless stated otherwise.

✖ Word count: 2086

Having meetings with Joffrey and his Royal Counsel is always boring, more or less. And you wouldn't say you are very liked because of your strong opinions and inability to hold your tongue but you feel you can savor this advantage because you're from an influential house which, everyone knew, in case of emergency, will supply the Throne with gold and other things. Being guarded by the House name of Tyrell and your mother, who birthed you unusually late, taught you how to stand your ground and never let men think they are smarter than you. She sent you to 'congratulate' new King Joffrey on her and your House's behalf but everyone know that Joffrey is unfit to be the King. And that's putting it kindly. Your mother wanted eyes in the King's Landing and it wasn't easy for you to find a target that would enable your stay without a question.

Tywin Lannister.

Being young and beautiful, you heard rumors that you remind his late wife Joanna. You were surprised to know that because you don't carry Lannister's famous golden hair but Tywin, despite his cold demeanor, obviously noticed that as well.

At first it was like a job. Seduce a man to gain power using one part that any man is unable to think with. It was surprisingly easy if you're honest. But you understood why. Despite being the most powerful man in King's Landing, Tywin was and still is a lonely man, who isn't too proud to spend few colder nights warming himself between a woman's legs. All you had to do was to convince him to let you stay and to let you in on King's secrets and plans. It worked and you still don't know what to thank - that you're a woman with proper parts to manipulate a man or that you might indeed resemble Joanna. One way or another - you reached your goal, wrote your mother and now assist Tywin in almost every meeting.

What wasn't easy is to slowly establish yourself as an opinion worth listening to. After all you are a woman, and proud men don't always listen to what a woman has to say. But you worked your way through it too. At first by talking to Tywin, then speaking louder and louder in every meeting. Joffrey is never happy to see you there and once he even was rude enough to question your relationship with Tywin (which, you are pretty sure, is still secret) only to get silenced by his grandfather.

Today is the day when Throne's funds are discussed so of course you have to be here even though your mother not once sent gold to support the new King. At least not any amount worth of mentioning. With that in mind you reach the door guarded by two men of Kingsguard. You stop right in front of the door so they can see your face better in this shadowy corridor and when they see who you are they open the door. Everyone's already gathered and you are obviously the last one to show up, but you don't care. You know the time will come when Tyrell's will be obligated to support the King so they have to treat you nicely. As long as you act like a lady.

"Lady Y/N, you're finally here. We were waiting." Tywin exclaims once the door behind you closes and you give him the kindest of smiles.

"A lady is never late, Lord Tywin. Shall we begin?" You ask as Varys very politely pulls you a chair for you to sit down.

When everyone's seated you notice that Cersei and Jamie are not here. Yet you conceal your curiosity and surprise and then turn to Tywin. He's back not more than a month from riverlands but he's already overtook the rule of Seven Kingdoms.