- s a l t w a t e r

Tear fell from the boys eyes as he sat by the sea, its waves spitting salt and foam at his face.

A Iron Born doesn't cry, he thought, I am Theon Greyjoy, last son of Balon Greyjoy, heir to Pyke. My God is the Drowned God. I am not a wolf, I am a kraken..... I am not a wolf, I am a-

Oh how he wished to be wolf.

The Stark's were so kind to him, even Catelyn treated him like her own son: Not as well as her boys, but better than Jon Snow who was closer to her kin than Theon would ever be.

Robb was his friend, but oh was Theon jealous of him and Y/N... The second eldest Stark child... Oh how he loved her and how close they were. They were almost closer than he was with Robb. Seeing as she was his twin, they were like an inseparable group of three. Still it came as a surprise that he sent his sister to the Iron Islands with him.

Did they really not trust me so?

Catelyn perhaps but not Robb. No... Y/N wanted to come Im sure. Robb probably didn't even know she was on the boat with me...

Cursing to himself at the thought of Y/N, Theon kneeled, washing his tear stained face as he stood to find his missing friend.

He started by asking around, questioning if they had seen the Lady Y/N only to get responds of:

"Stark girl in Pyke? Luck finding her."

"Never heard of her and don't wish to."

"If I found her I'd drown her in the sea myself."

And other dirty and cruel vial things they threatened until he bumped into his sister. "Theon I swear I didn't have anything to do with-"

"Where is she?" Theon said and before Asha could open her mouth continued, "Take me to her."

"I'd taken her to the nearest inn, but you won't like what you see."

"Just let me in Asha."

She was right. Theon did not enjoy the sight he held.

Y/N's faces was a light purple and a few drops of blood and red stained her mouth, a trail of red down her nose. He ran to her side, grabbing her cold hand and bringing them to his lips. Father....

"It isn't poison." Asha began to explain, "It's illness in a bottle. The worse kind. She'll survive should her will be strong enough. He merely wishes for a message to send the Stark's. And to you"

"To me?" Theon spoke confused, "Why send a message to me?"

Asha laughed at this, "A Stark going all the way across the sea and from home with you? Clearly you two are in love." Theon shook his head no, sadly and Asha gasped sarcastically, "Haven't told her yet have you brother? God this makes it even worse. Best get her out of here right away. "

"But Robb-"

"Never mind what the King of the North said. I'll sort the ship." She sighed, "I'll keep in touch, hold her tightly Theon."

That was several nights ago. Still they were stuck in Pyke, Y/N fading by the minute, though she had opened her eyes.

"Theon." She coughed, her lips dyed red from blood that had fallen from her mouth. "Theon my-"

"Hush." He sighed, brining his lips to her cold forehead. "Speak little Princess. I am going to take you somewhere. "She blinked rapidly and appeared to be fading out, her eyes about to close causing him to hit your cheeks lightly, "No... Can't go to sleep just yet." With one swift move he picked you up, cradling you in his arms, attempting to warm you with his hands while you walked to the destination, tears falling from Theon's eyes.