- H a n d s of G o l d 3

Pairing: Jaime Lannister x Reader

Summary: The reader has a few things she wants to say to the blackfish

A/N: Back by popular demand <3

Wordcount: 1347

You go of course, if only to keep your Husband and Uncle from attacking each other's throats. Luckily the tent where Jaime and you would be sleeping was not too far from the stables, and you were able to catch up with your husband easily enough. You stood by the stable door as he finished tacking up his horse.

"Are you sure you want to come along?" He asks gently as he puts his saddle into place. "You saw how cold the old man was to your brother, I can't say what he's going to be like to you," There's no pressure either way in Jaime's voice, he simply just wants to make sure that you're comfortable.

Your gaze stays steady, where it might have once fallen to the floor, it was not untrue to say you had given it a lot of thought, bracing yourself for what you might have considered to be the worst outcomes.

"I am a Lannister," You say confidently. "He probably hates my guts, but Riverrun was my home once and I'm not about to standby while it nearly gets destroyed for one old man's pride,"

There's something different about the way your husband looks at you after that, something in his eyes that you didn't see very often, though people who knew him better would have probably called it pride.

The golden haired man nodded then, before leading his horse out into the courtyard, stepping up into the stirrups and sitting down onto the saddle, his flesh hand holding onto the reigns.

"You're starting to sound like a real Lion," He comments, as he offers his unoccupied arm so you could help yourself up onto the horse behind him. "It's only taken you what? Six years?"

You scoff as you pull yourself up and make yourself comfortable, paying little attention to the bannerman beside you, your arms coming to rest around his waist, though if someone asked you whether it was for the security or the excuse to hold him close you wouldn't be able to answer.

"If I remember correctly you were my nephews prisoner for nearly four years, and then add the trip to dorne and the timeline shrinks considerably," You reply with grin, your head resting against his shoulder.

"What I'm hearing is we've actually only been married for about a year and a half,"

You nod playfully before he speaks once more.

"That must make us the longest newlywed couple in all the seven kingdoms," He laughs with his amusement. It's a pleasant sound even with how tense the two of you are. If this goes south it would mean the Lannisters and the Tully's would have to fight once more, and you could lose some of the only family you had left. Deep down you knew your Uncle was a stubborn man, he wasn't going to give up without a fight.

You clung tighter to Jaime after that, praying to whichever god that might listen that you were wrong.

The bridge creaked and groaned like you remembered, the river passed gently beneath your feet. The child in you wanted to run to the side and watch the splashes of water like you might have with your sister's Cat or Lysa on a summer's afternoon. Any thought you might have had was swiftly put to bed by the crossbows currently being aimed at you and your husband. You crossed your arms over your stomach protectively and stayed close to Jaime's side.

Soon enough the drawbridge was lowered and it was your uncle stood before you in the gateway of the castle.

"Neice. Kingslayer." Came his greeting.

"Uncle,"

"Blackfish," You and Jaime responding.

"I assume you're here to fulfill the vow you gave my niece," his voice was cold. "I don't see Sansa and Arya,"

"I don't have them," Jaime responded, whilst you bit your tongue rather than say something stupid.

"Pity. Do you wish to resume your captivity?"

Jamie shakes his head, before looking away in annoyance.

"Then why are you here?"

"You know why I'm here, this castle belongs to the house Fray. You're trespassing. In the name of King Tommen I order you to surrender, or-"

"Or your kill Edmund," The blackfish interrupts taking a step past you two like you weren't even there. "My nephew is marked for death no matter what, hang him and be done with it,"

That earns a gasp from you, and you can no longer hold yourself back.

"How can you say that? Edmure is your family, and if you do not care about him because of that then you should at least realise that he is the future of your house, as are Sansa, Robin, Arya and his son,"

Brynden Tully's eyes fell to you then, his gaze scanning over you.

"I will not be lectured about family from a Lannister, who abandoned her family" he spat.

"Edmure and his family are alive because of me, Sansa is with her brother at the wall because of me. I married Jaime in an attempt to keep the peace, please tell me where I left them behind," you growled out in response.

"I was born in this castle-"

"As was I! Do you really I want to see it in the hands of the people who murdered my sister, my nephew and his unborn child? I want to see those men hang, but I act in the best way for my family, I do my best to keep Edmure safe, make sure my Husband can stay home because I am responsible for more lives than just my own," You snapped out, not daring to look at Jaime for the moment.

The blackfish said nothing.

"If you refuse to surrender, then you force us to storm the castle," The lion spoke, the calmness in his tone only highlight by your actions "Hundreds will die,"

"Hundreds of mine, thousands of yours, if you can breach the walls," The Tully responded moving to look down at the water.

"We'll breach them, and kill every last one of you," Where your anger growled and bit like the lion your new family was named for, Jaime knew when to wait for the pounce. He took your breath away sometimes with just how cold he managed to sound. "But if you surrender," he continued "I'll spare the lives of your men, on my honor."

"Your honor," The amount of disgust in the Blackfish's tone was palpable. "Bargaining with oathbreakers is like building on quicksand,"

"You foolish old man," you cursed. "The war is over, Cat and Robb are dead. The starks lost, don't force more men to die because you can't accept it,"

Your uncle turned on you swiftly then, taking a few steps towards you. "As long as I am standing the war is not over. I was born in this castle and I am ready to die in it. So you can either attack or try to starve us out, we have previsions in there for two years, tell me do you have two years?"

He then made his way back over the drawbridge and turned to face you once more as Jaime spoke.

"You clearly have no intention of saving your men, tell me why did you come treat with me?"

"Sieges are dull," The tully responds before nodding towards you. "She is still my niece and besides I wanted to see you in person and get the measure of you,"

"well now you have,"

"Aye, now I have and I'm disappointed,"

With that the blackfish returned from whence he came, leaving only more tension in his wake.

After the blackfish you made your way back into the Lannister camp accompanied by your husband for a while before he had to go find Bronn. You then collected what food you could, gathered up some spear clothing hoping it might be enough to comfort your brother.