- L o o k A f t e r Y o u

Tumblr & Credits to:   awearywritersworld

Aemond Targaryen x Reader

Summary: You were betrothed to Aemond Targaryen, and while the two of you got along well enough, you hardly behaved as man and wife. After you suffer a great loss, Aemond decides to change that. Hurt/Comfort

Word Count: 1.5k

Warnings: mentions of parental death

______________________________________________________________

Your relationship with your lord husband, Aemond Targaryen, was something of a complicated matter.

During the first few moons of your marriage, you were admittedly frightened by him. His apparent disinterest in you did little to qualm your nerves. He was brooding and intimidating, and while you were never on the receiving end of it, you'd been witness to the sharpness of his tongue.

Then, as time carried on, there was some improvement. It was true that he still maintained a cool, unspoken distance with you. Touches were rare and fleeting, conversations never progressed too far into the night. Nevertheless, he had become someone you could talk to.

The daughter of a northern lord, you had few friends in King's Landing. That made you thankful for the relationship you'd come to have with your husband, even if it left you wanting at times. Thus, when a raven came late one night bearing news that would shatter your world, you could think of no one else to go to.

Opening the door to his chambers, you found Aemond leaning through his window, looking across the expanse of King's Landing. At this hour, it was illuminated only by scattered torches. His hands rested on the stone as he leaned forward, accentuating the toned muscles of his back.

"Lady (Y/N)," he greeted without turning to face you, as he often did.

You remembered the afternoon you finally questioned how he always knew it was you. His reply was simple, but caused your cheeks to darken a few shades.

"I would expect no other woman in my chambers."

On this particular night though, you failed to return his greeting and stayed quiet instead. It was taking everything in you just to keep from falling apart. Confused, he turned to look at you.

With widened eyes and raised eyebrows, he took in your tear stained cheeks along with the way you were furiously wiping at them. You thought it might have been the first time you'd ever caught the man off guard.

"What troubles you?"

He'd never seen you in a state like that, perturbation blossoming in his chest at the sight.

"Forgive me, my prince, for bothering you at such an untimely hour."

Your voice was weak but sincere, as you had never come to him with such a personal or serious matter.

He took a step forward, but it did little to close the space that separated you both. "Never mind that. What has caused you such sorrow?"

A choked sob threatened to pass your lips and your hand flew to your mouth to stifle it. You looked away from him, vulnerability and grief clawing at you all at once.

"My father.. There was a hunting accident. H-He is..."

He could barely make out your words, but gathered enough to piece together what had happened. The way you stood there alone, one arm wrapped around your torso, the other attempting to quiet your cries-- it made his heart ache.