- b a t t l e

Summary: (Y/N) has been stuck in Winterfell as the Boltons took over. Just a regular servant, she tries to stay out of their way, doing their bidding as not to be punished. But she hears rumours of her lover coming back to reclaim his home and a little bit of hope comes back to her.

Characters: Jon Snow x Reader

Meanings: (Y/N)= Your name

Warnings: Some violence and swearing but mostly fluff

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I brought my knees to my chest, covering my mouth to mask the heavy breathing. I tried to stay as quiet as I could, silently sobbing to myself. This was terrifying. There was no telling how long I had been hunched up in this wardrobe, hiding away from any of the guards. Ramsay Bolton had been ruling over Winterfell, he was a terrible man, a psychotic man. Everyone had seen the way he treated Theon and Sansa just before they escaped; I wouldn't wish Ramsay upon my worst enemy.

Why had everything turned to shit? When had it turned to shit? Actually, I knew when that happened, for me at least. Personally my life felt like it was ending as soon as my love, Jon Snow, told me he was leaving for the wall. Jon and I had been deeply in love, him being a bastard to the infamous Ned Stark and me being a simple servant in their house. It had happened so suddenly, we had just been in a normal conversation and then we both realised it. Our love for each other grew each day, he had even mentioned marriage. Then he just left. One morning he had told me he was leaving for the Wall because he felt out of place here. It had hurt me so badly, but I was so in love with him that I ignored that and let him go.

Of course everything bad happened after that. Ned, with his two daughters Sansa and Arya, travelled to Kings Landing, he was beheaded because of treason, Sansa was trapped there and Arya was nowhere to be found; Bran and Rickon were also missing, the eldest of them all, Robb, along with his mother were killed at his own wedding. The Starks had gone through so much. I had truly loved working for them, they were never cruel. So when the Boltons took over, a harsh reality hit us all in the face.

Everyday I missed Jon more and more, tempted to leave and join the Wall myself. It was a stupid fantasy of mine. I would ride all the way out there to be with him and become the first woman to join the Watch. I was such a stupid girl.

I then realised that it had gone quiet. There were no cantering of horse's hooves, the shouts of men battling or the clashing of weapons. Slowly unraveling my body, the door creaked open and I tiptoed towards the window. It felt wrong, why was it so silent out there? Has we won? He the Boltons won?! With my body shaking, I peeked out the window, immediately spotting the giant that was laying face down in the ground with multiple arrows sticking out of its back. What had happened in this battle?! I had only ever heard of giants as a child when my parents would tell me stories. However, I came distracted by something else.

The silence was broken as a man started to harshly beat Ramsay. I couldn't see his face but was glad that someone was taking out everyones anger on him. He wasn't stopping anytime soon, blood masking Ramsay's face now. Unless someone stopped him, Ramsay was going to end up dead, which wasn't a problem in my eyes, though I believed that he deserved a car worse death than this. Apparently someone else thought that too, shouting at the man to stop; I recognised that voice, sighing in relief when I spotted Sansa, so happy that she was alive. As she yelled at him to stop, the man lifted his face, and I couldn't stop the shocked gasp that left my lips.

I dashed outside to the wall, needing to see if my eyes were deceiving me. I hadn't realised my body was shaking until I stood still. The man slowly stood, looking at the young Stark girl, then to me. He was covered in mud and blood, that along with his armour masking who he was. But I could recognise those blue eyes any day. Jon was here, he had come back.

We gazed at each other for a few more seconds before he sprinted towards the stairs that lead to the wall. I was frozen in place. I couldn't believe he was here, after all those years. Without hesitating he threw his arms around my much smaller body, gripping on tightly as I did the same. I was crying again, this has to be some sort of dream. After all this time being stuck in a nightmare was my since finally here to wake me up? Jon was the first to pull away, but quickly placed his lips on mine. I didn't want to let go, ever.

Finally seperating, I took in how he looked. It had been years since I saw him, so things were bound to change. The Wall had changed him too; he was much broader and looked stronger, his features now more defined. He had become even more handsome, if that was even possible.

"(Y/N)." he breathed out."You're here. You're still here."

I sniffled."Of course I am. I could never leave, I always thought that you might come back."

He smiled."You shouldn't have done that, but I'm glad you did."

"Snow!" a gruff voice called from below. His men were waiting further orders.

I blushed realising that they had seen all of that. We laughed together, it was amazing to feel happiness again.

He leaned down, his forehead resting on mine as he held my hands."I need to see to my men, but I promise that I will come back to you. Wait in my old room, I will be there as soon as possible."

I paced across the floor in anticipation, nervousness filling me. I had always been a shy girl, especially around Jon. He seemed bolder now. From what had happened earlier, it seemed like nothing had changed, but what would happen now? He had defeated the Boltons but was he going after anyone else?

The door opened and I spun round, smiling as he walked in. His face wasn't covered in mud so much, he must have cleaned up just as I had. I held out a hand to him, making him sit down as I grabbed a bowl and cloth.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

I filled the cloth in the warm water."You're still a mess. I want to see your face properly."

I was about to sit on the chair across from him, when he pulled me onto his lap. Giggling, I relaxed as his hands went to my waist and I started to wipe away the dirt. He watched me intently but I wasn't bothered by it.

"I'm sorry." he suddenly said as I began to dry his face.

I stopped for a second, confused at what he had said."What? Why are you sorry?"

"For leaving you. Look what happened to this place! I had always wanted to come back to you. When I found out the Boltons were here, I prayed that you were not hurt, or worse....."

"Do not be sorry. You're back now, that's all that matters."

"As for the future, I don't know what's going to happen. The Lannisters are still out there, somehow still in charge-"

"You can't be serious? Going after the Lannisters?"

"Like I said, I don't know what will happen. Apart from one thing."

"And what is that?"

"That you will be by my side for the rest of my life."

I blushed again, trying to hide it as I kissed him.

"And another thing?"

"Yes?"

"That you'll marry me."

My mouth fell open, eyes widened. Had he really just asked me that? My one wish was finally coming true.

I nodded frantically."Of course I will. That's all I've ever wanted since I met you."