- P r o t e c t

// In which Y/N protects Jon Snow, her lover//

Y/N's head rested on his chest as she played his fingers. The crackling of the logs soothed the atmosphere. "Why so quiet today?"

Jon didn't say anything but he didn't have to. The way he slowly sigh every five minutes while he gazed longingly at the ceiling was a very sign that was something was troubling him. Y/N slowly rested her hand on his cheek, he moved his head slowly towards her. His dark eyes watched her face. "Are you gonna tell me what's wrong or am I gonna have to kick someone's ass again?"

He chuckled softly bringing her closer to his chest. He shook his head softly before pressing a light kiss to the temple of her forehead. "You've always done that" he finally states causing Y/N to look up at him

"What protect you? I'll always do that Jon, no matter the person, day, or age." She whispered, his mind went back to the day he first met Y/N. She was opinionated, aggressive, but friendly, sorta.

"Is Jon about to cry?" Robb teased as a group his Lords laughed along with him, his hand roughly pushing the lanky boy back, his curls fallen over his solemn face. His watched the boy he considered his brother for a moment before turning his head in the opposite direction. "He's about the cry! What a baby!" He shrieked pointing his finger at Jon.

Robb grunted softly at a small rock was thrown at him, he roughly pressed his hand against his head, aggressively rubbing at the wound that the rock created. "Leave him alone jerk!" A light voice whispered, Robb looked up noticing a girl standing protectively over Jon.

"Who's gonna stop me, you?" A fire possessed her, she growled softly before tackling the Lord unto the ground, her tiny fist balled up as she punched him wildly in the chest. Her light screams filled the air while Robb's pleas for help was drowned out.

Jon quickly scrambled to his feet while he yanked the girl back, she fell on top of Jon with a harsh thud. Robb scurried away from the girl, his friends following hastily followed behind him. "Can-can you get off me please?" She heard a muffled voice, she quickly rolled off the bastard before jumping to her feet. "Who-who are you?"

"Y/N L/N!" She held out her hand, that was slightly covered in dirt. Jon smiled softly before clasping his hand in hers. "I'm a warden of Eddard Stark"

"Its nice to meet you" he pressed a lopsided grin against his lips "I'm Jon Snow"

Jon stayed quiet beside at the dinner table afraid to utter a word because of Catelyn's harsh glare. Y/N gasped softly as the pitcher of wine fell on her body, her dress staining blood red. "I'm so sorry my dear, I didn't mean-"

"Jon its quit alright" she smiled holding his hand in hers before giving him a reassuring smile.

Catelyn slammed her hand down on the table, her chair pushing against the wooden floor. Her eyes watching over Jon in disgust. "Cat-" Ned warned slowly.

"This abomination, disgusting insignificant bastard. Since the day you've entered these walls you've been nothing but a nuance that I was burden with-"

"That's enough!" Y/N hissed her eyes glaring at Catelyn.

"Y/N/N-" Jon warned, he slowly rose to his feet followed by Robb, Theon, and Ned.

"No he may not be your son but who's fault is that! He may not have your blood coursing though his veins but does that make him any less human! He's was a child! How can Jon be at fault for the actions of two consenting adults! If you were to die and Ned were to marry another wouldn't you want the woman to treat your children like her own, catering for them while they lay ill or reassuring them in the dead of night when they are scared! You are a mother first! Start acting like it!" She stated, she stomped away leaving the room quiet.

"You got off lucky last time I messed with Jon I got a rock to the face and endless punches" Robb spoke earning a muffled laughed from everyone but Catelyn who seemed stunned by the outburst of Y/N. Jon quickly moved out of the room, knowing exactly where she'd be.

Her arms were wrapped tightly around her legs as she watched the field below her. "You didn't have to do that"

Of course I did, she's treated like you dirt for too long" His arms wrapped slowly around her shoulder bringing her closer. "I will always want to protect, you're just too innocent"

"Let's run away together" he blurted out, she turned him with an amused expression on her face.

"Where Jon?"

"The woods!" He proclaimed his hand gesturing to the woods in front of them.

"Jon! I've been pampered all my life! How will I survive?" She laughed

"With me, I'll protect you just as you do me" he whispers capturing her lips before she could object anymore.

Y/N groaned loudly, her hand pressing against her kicking stomach. She stretched out her hands to feel for her husband but he was no longer at her side. With a grunt she got up, slowly moving the cabin. "Ghost, where is Jon and (Y/C/N)" he slowly laid his head down. "Thanks, you're a big help" she slowly shuffled to the door as she heard the soft chatter of her child.

"Daddy! I don't think Mommy will be happy when she wakes up" his hand holding the knife slowly before Jon grabbed it out of his hand.

"Why Y/C/N?" He stopped scaling the fish before turning back to his son, a smile written on his features. He was a spitting image of Jon, his dark eyes and his pale skin with the thick curly hair the only thing he possessed was Y/N's (hair color).

"She'll miss me and cry all night" he states "I miss mommy" Y/C/N was a mommy's boy, never wanting to leave her side for anything. Jon would call him "Third Arm" because of how much he rested in her arms. Y/N rested her head on the door frame watching her husband teach their son how to scale a fish. Y/C/N wasn't paying attention but Jon didn't care spending these moments with his son really pleased, he wanted Y/C/N's childhood to be different from his. Giving his son the love that he never got.

She felt Ghost brushed up against her hand, she slowly bent, letting Ghost rest his head on her. Her hand running through his Snow-like fur.

"We sure are lucky, aren't we Ghost" he barked softly before rushing down to Jon and Y/C/N. Jon looked up towards the door, his eyes washing over his captivating wife.

"I love you" he mouthed, she laughed softly

"I know"