Lost My Mind

Mizz

My mother couldn't leave the hospital until the medics say she can, so if I can't find Aquaria soon, I'll be alone. I looked around, seeing no signs of her. I ran down the stairs and back to the main place--I saw her finally, sitting down on a chair with her head in her arms and her legs close to her chest. I bit my lip and held back tears; I walked over to her meekly, she never noticed me standing right in front of her, not knowing I can hear her sobs. Those horrible heartwrenching sobs.

"Aqua-" I whispered, making her head shoot up, her eyes red and puffy and her cheeks a bright pink. I stared down at her for a few moments, her face twisting into an expression of anger.

"Go fuck your mother, she's obviously better than I am-" she stood up and grabbed the fabric of my dress and pulled me closer, her tone sharp and bladed. I wasn't scared, I knew Aquaria wouldn't hurt me.

"I kissed my mother because--its what we do. Me and my mother have done for ages." I said quietly, feeling her grip loosen.

"What?" She blinked in shock.

"Its a mother and daughter thing!" I said sharply. She let go of me and fear struck her eyes.

"I'm-" she stuttered, looking down. "I'm such an idiot!"

"No, you're not. It was a mistake and a misunderstanding. Its all okay." I smiled and felt her fall into my arms. 

"I'm so sorry I yelled at you!" She cried into my chest. I smiled and pulled away.

"Don't be, it's all fine-" I held her hand and smiled brightly. "Let's go home." 

"Yeah," She whispered, "I'm still sorry, I want to make it up to you-" She said, leading me out the two big doors. I wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her close.

"What about a nice long drive?" I smirked slightly, seeing a grin spread across her cheeks. "Perhaps-- We could spend some time together,"

"I'd love that."