Mother's Love

Warning: mentions of self hate + could be triggering

Bob

I must have stupidly fallen asleep again, I looked at the clock and luckily it wasn't too late. I heard Aquaria's loud laugh from down the stairs, indicating they both haven't gone to bed yet. I wiped my eyes and sat up straight, sighing to myself, and I noticed my red pillow was damp from tears and the duvet was too, which annoyed me. Why was I even crying? Am I just very selfish?

I groaned and craved a glass of water to help calm me down of my worries. I practically crawled out of bed like some spider, too tired to even care how strange I looked, not that anyone was looking anyway. The cold nipped at my arms and I grabbed my warm fluffy gown, wrapping myself up in its comfort and slowly opened the door, hearing Cracker's cute cackle, followed by Aquaria's. I felt something inside of me hurt--jealousy?; I was supposed to be the one that makes her laugh, that makes her happy. 

Idiot

I threw that thought out of my head and trotted down the stairs tiredly, and once I stood just outside the living room, I saw them lying with each other, watching a video on their phone. I smiled weakly, tightening my gown around my waist, before walking into the kitchen. I opened the cupboard that contained glasses and plates and took a small crystal glass. I closed the door and poured some water into the glass, only filling it up to about a quarter. I turned to leave when I saw Cracker smiling at me with Aquaria's phone clasped in her hands.

"Mommy! You need to check out this super cool picture Aquaria showed me!" She ran up to me and showed me the screen: a picture of Aquaria with tons of makeup on, but it was so well done, and she blended the colours so well. I gasped and smiled.

"That's fab!" I pet her hair gently and she giggled the cutest giggle she has done all day.

"Isn't she pretty!?" She continued to stare at it like it was everything to her--

"Yes-" I said with less enthusiasm as before. "She's gorgeous." I didn't lie, Aquaria was gorgeous, much more pretty than I was. She had a face that no one of any gender or sexuality could deny was beautiful. 

Why was I treating this like a competition, like Aquaria was out to steal Cracker from me? I've never minded before--well, after the incident--

"Mom! When can you put makeup on me!? I'd love to dress up too!" She gleamed and twirled a finger in her short-shoulder length curls. I forgot to reply, considering I was busy picturing how stunning she would look in this type of makeup.

"Very soon," I said quietly, hearing her squeal and hug me tightly. I almost dropped my drink. She yawned into my side and I smiled warmly. "Want to come to bed?" I suggested, hearing her hum in agreement.

"Yeah," She muttered, pulling away and showing off her cute face. I took a sip of my water and sighed.

"Want to come to bed with me?" I said meekly, praying she would say yes. She looked as if she was thinking hard about it-- why would she want to decline her own mother over someone who she barely knows? 

"Actually--I'd love to!" She said, making my heart flutter and my breathing stop for a few moments.

"Well, let's go then."

"Carry me?" She mumbled. I chuckled and rolled my eyes, giving her my 'really bitch?' look. 

"I'm holding my water!" 

"Pleaaasee-" She whined, looking up at me with her gorgeous crystal blue eyes. I beamed and quickly drank the last of my drink and put the glass on the counter.