The Universe Knows

Forgive me for this /\

Miz

I was still in shock after what happened, my mother ended up passing out a few moments after we kissed. I brought her to her bed and tucked her in nice and warm as she deserves. I opened a window and kissed her head, as a good night, and decided that I might have to do the craziest thing and try to find Thorgy. My mother is lost without her, and it's important my mother gets all the happiness she deserves. I snooped around her drawers, finding nothing of Thorgy, and decided to look in the creepiest place in my house, which was the basement. After the horrors of what happened last week, I might not be able to stay there for too long.

I opened the door which leads down into the subterranean area, and slowly went down on my tiptoes, on high alert and absolutely terrified. It was pure silence, and I luckily brought a flashlight--must I mention, though, it changes nothing.

I couldn't see anything that resembles memories, just old furniture and tools. I walked over to a random bag and looked inside, seeing a small spider. I yelped and covered my mouth, noticing it was dead; it probably died of starvation. I didn't see anything of value in here, just clothes, and the dead spider of course. I stood up and pointed my light at a small box, this might be something! I crouched down and felt my heart burn, it wasn't a normal box--

"Miz Cracker?" I read the label on the side. It was the box I was found in! I felt myself smile and I placed my hand inside, feeling like I was being teleported back in time. The font was child-like and it seemed to be some sort of beauty brand, so my mother was quite right. It had nothing inside, but I feel like this might be the most important thing down here. I would pick this up when I leave. My light shone to the corner of the two stone walls, which sat a way less important old rotten box; why were things just scattered? I trotted over, still overcome with paranoia I will see a dead body somewhere, or have her standing in the corner with a bloody knife. The things that were in the box varied, even an old camera!? "Wow mom." I snorted and pushed the power button, not expecting it to work, but the light flashed green and I swallowed hard. I squinted my eyes at the light of the screen, a selection of actual videos and photos were on this old thing. I smiled to myself; perhaps Thorgy is in one? I can't even believe it was still working after all these years.

I selected the first one and it seemed to start off with my mother sitting down on our couch-- she looked so beautiful, she was young and her hair was much longer than it was now. She had a leather jacket on and she turned her head to face the camera with a bright white smile.

"What are you doing?" She said. Who was recording!? Was it Thorgy? Perhaps-

"Recording what you do on a daily basis." A foreign voice said from behind the camera. I smiled brightly and knew that it must be her.

"Well stop! I'm trying to watch TV!" My mother said, grabbing a pillow and threw it at what probably was Thorgy. I giggled and knew that is what my mother would do. The video ended with Thorgy laughing and I couldn't stop smiling to myself. My mother looked so happy. The next video was made so much later, but this time, it had a different person in it. Was it Thorgy!? She had dreadlocks and a very strong jawline, which I must admit made her look so powerful. She was super tall, and she appeared to be sitting on some grass looking off into nothing. The video started with my mother cackling behind the camera, and Thorgy looking scared.

"What is that?"

"It's a butterfly! You are so stupid!" My mother sounded just like she does now, only her voice was softer.

"Why are you recording this?"

"So people in the future know that Thorgy Thor is scared of a butterfly!"