I Won't Forget You

Bob

"MIZ!" I screamed up the stairs. Aquaria groaned at my loud tone but right now I could care less. I heard Cracker's loud stomps and the door swing open.

"Yes!?" She gasped, running down the stairs at full speed. I wrapped my arms around her quickly, forcing back my tears. I was unable to run my hands through her hair anymore.

She had to get it cut short.

That vile bitch ruined my daughter and the one thing that she was proud of. It was her hair. I miss it too much for my own comfort, I missed running my hands through it. Right now I couldn't worry about hair, I was worried about something far worse.

"Cracker, remember aunty Monet?" I pulled away and caressed her cheek. Her face paled and her expression screwed into one of agony.

"No!" She screamed and burst into tears, her head burying itself into my chest. "It's not fair! Why!?"

"I know," I smiled and sighed, I have been thinking about what to do with Monet, the police gave us an option to hold a funeral or just have her cremated. I didn't want her to burn, I think having a funeral was the best idea. "We're gonna have a funeral in a few days. Okay?" I felt her tremble in my arms and it broke me.

"Okay-" She barely whispered, before pulling away and wiping her eyes. 

"Guys?" I heard Aquaria call to us from the sofa. I turned around and saw her confused face.

"We are gonna have a funeral for my aunt." Cracker walked over to her and hugged her. Aquaria mumbled something into Cracker's ear that I couldn't hear.  I frowned and walked over to them.

"Who wants some dinner? We can cook a recipe that Monet would have loved!" I smiled and heard Cracker gasp and pull away from her friend instantly.

"Yes! Yes!" She giggled and her sadness was immediately washed away with excitement. I smiled and winked, walking into the kitchen. I tucked my hair behind my ear and turned on the stove.

Miz

"Aquaria?" I jumped onto the sofa with glee and held her hand tightly. "You alright?" I hugged her, trying to make her feel the slightest bit of comfort. She sighed and caressed the side of my face, the touch of her hand showing pure love and affection. I hummed and kissed her shoulder. "I love you, Aqua."

"I love you too." She said bluntly, her eyes piercing into my soul. She spoke with her eyes so much more explicitly than her words now. "You're beautiful." She said with a slanted smile. I giggled and she ruffled my short hair. "And this hair doesn't change how sexy you are either."

"Good!" I said laughing. She chuckled and rubbed the back of her neck, as if she felt awkward. Was she uncomfortable? "Aqua? Are you okay?" She nodded at my worried response, her mouth forcing another smile. "I hope so. I'm always gonna be here for you, you shouldn't be sad." I kissed her neck with love and she shivered. "And if you need anything, don't be scared to ask me." I snickered and kissed her jaw gently.

"Of course-" she breathed. "But I'm not hungry yet. I'm only hungry for food right now." She laughed and nuzzled me. I pouted and whined slowly.

"Later?" I asked. She chuckled.

"Of course, baby girl. But I think we need some yummy mom food!"

"Definitely." I squeaked and lifted my legs over her lap, I wrapped my arms around her neck and curled myself around her frame. I closed my eyes and heard a slight whisper in my ear: it wasn't Aquaria-

"I love you"

The voice was gentle and sounded like my mother's. I smiled to myself, realising it was the voice of my aunt. I remember how Aquaria said she can talk to the dead and connect with them. Monét is with me now. I tightened my eyelids and puffed my cheeks, trying to see if I could reply.

"I love you too,"

The room grew warmer, and it wasn't Aquaria's body heat. I felt a tickling feeling inside of my stomach and I giggled to myself.

"Cracker, be careful."

I focused harder, her message was a serious one; what does she mean 'be careful'?

"Why, Monét?"

Her presence grew nearer, and I could feel Aquaria begin to panic. Her heartbeats grew more intense.

"She isn't like she was before. Please stay safe."

I opened my eyes and they burned, random colours stained my vision. I saw Aquaria's smile.

"You spoke to her didn't you?" She pet my hair and I giggled. I nodded. "Good."

"She said some weird things. Like be careful?" I looked down at my legs and placed a hand on Aquaria's chest.

"What?" She raised an eyebrow and I nodded.

"Yeah." I shrugged and smiled. "I'm sure she was only warning me in general. Like to stay safe!" I smiled a toothy grin and Aquaria laughed.

"Of course!"