Chapter Fourty One

**Elsa**

The salty water stings my gash in my side. I don't even look at it as I swim deeper and deeper into the ocean. Because if I do look at my wound, even the slightest peek would probably dissolve all my adrenalin and leave me breathless and some what dead inside.  I can feel the gash pounding and pulsing. Burning with each move I make, no matter how soft I try and swim.  I push through it because right now all that matters, is finding Jack.

The ocean is nothing compared to the river that Jack once found me in. (Ironic isn't it? Jack once saved me and now here I am saving him.)  I can't even see the bottom, its just endless darkness that stretches from right to left. Moonbeams dance into the water but do not go as far as the icy deep. My eyes scan every where. Looking for a flash of blue or white, anything to give me reason to dive deeper. Monsters lurk in the deep, ready to spring on me. To drag me deep below where my screams will only erupt to be mere bubbles on the surface. 

Will I ever find Jack? Or am I doomed to meet my parents in a watery grave. I shiver.

Something catches my eyes. Jack slowly descending into the darkness, his eyes closed and face even more pale then normal. I swim as fast as I can, ignoring  the stabbing pain I feel in my side. I hook my arms underneath his, kicking my legs towards the surface as fast as I can. The darkness seems to follow me, it thinks it owns Jack. It thinks it owns me.

Panic rises in my throat as I swim hard and faster than ever before. My arms reach towards the surface, desperate to feel the moonlight on my skin. I feel Jack slipping through my hands but that just makes me hold on harder. I will never let go Jack. Ever.

I break the surface, hacking and coughing up the salty water. Jack dosen't move at all. My heart skips a beat but I force the panic deep within me. No, I need to get us to land.  That's what's important right now.  Huge rolling waves come from no where, trying to force us under. I keep Jack's head up, not wanting him to swallow anymore water. Land is looming in the distance, it's rocky shores look anything but inviting but right now, I don't care. This time, instead of letting the rolling wave consume us, I wait until its almost near me, then I start kicking like mad. Riding the wave as far as I can.

One last wave as it scoops us both under and pushes up onto the rocky shore. The waves lap at us, trying to pull us both in. I sputter and cough, my mouth drier than a dessert in the middle of summer. I drag Jack a little bit away from the water so its only lightly touching our feet. I flop down beside him, wheezing and huffing.  I touch Jack's chest and feel it slowly rising and falling.

Jack is immortal after all.What could kill me, would just leave him stunned. Will we ever be together? Or I'm I going to grow old, alone.  My side feels like its ripping in two, burning and pounding. I peek at my side and I almost faint. A huge gash is where my right side used to be. Muscle and tissue showing on the outside, blood over spills onto the beach. Leaving the rocks stained crimson with my own blood. My hands shake.

I'm going to die. I feel it, the way my legs are numb and un-moving. My skin so much more pale than usual. How my whole body is shaking like a leaf. I'm dying and...and I never got to say how much I love my sister. That I forgive her for  everything she has done. I hope she has forgiven me for keeping secretes and once again shutting her out.

Anna will make a good Queen. Far better then I ever was.

Jack stirs beside me, his frost white hair rumpled like he was just sleeping and not passed out from almost drowning. "Elsa!! ELSA!" He is at my side in an instant. "You're going to be okay. You're going to be okay." He keeps repeating himself, trying to convince both of us. I don't have the heart to tell him that I've already come to terms with my death. Jack looks at my wound and all colour washes out of his face. "Its nothing," He lies. "Just a scratch. Its nothing a doctor can't fix." Another lie. 

"We'll go and fix you up. It'll be okay-" Jack tries to lift me but I scream. Pain throbs every where. I used all my strength pulling Jack to the surface. Jack looks at me helplessly; "I'm not leaving you here. I'm not going to loose you, not again-"  I touch his face. "Its okay.." I say softly. "Were here together and that's all that matters."   Jack's eyes trail to my wound again, pain flash in his eyes.

"No." He says again, his voice wavering. "You're okay..."  I squeeze his hand; "Okay. I'm okay Jack. I'm fine."  I comfort him because it's all I can do right now. His tears splash on my face. "Its all my fault! I was suppose to protect you and now... God...I can't do anything right!"  Jack hunches over, his hands hovering over his ears and knees pulled to his chest.  I know why he does that.

Jack dosen't want his hands to go through himself. So many years alone...this is what it does to a person. It makes them so twisted up inside that its hard to let people get close to you. But he let me get close.  Now we're going to be torn apart again, permanently "Is Pitch dead?" Jack says flatly as he looks at me in the eyes.  "I don't know...he shot me right before I hit the water. So I don't think so," I say wincing. It's getting harder and harder to talk.

Hate seems to boil right out of Jack's eye sockets, hate for Pitch. I can't let him go on like this. Hating all alone. Hating himself and the world. No...I need...I need to give him something to live for. I won't let Pitch win. Because that's what he wants. Jack and I torn apart by hate and fear. I grab his hands in my mine; "Jack you have to promise me something. Watch over Anna for me. You know how she can be...clumsy sometimes and...I just don't want anything to happen to her."

Jack's eyes mist as he nods. I yelp as black ooze come out from my wound, bubbling and burning. "What the hell!!" Jack says as he tries to press his hand on my side, to stop the black blood from rushing out. "A gift from Pitch no doubt," I say bitterly. I cry out in pain as black steam rises from it. I can feel it melting to my bones and insides. Turning me into ash from the inside out.

My eye's start rolling into the back of my head and I start jerking around wildly. My body no longer mine to control. Tears roll down my cheeks. When will this pain end? Jack's voice is far away and muffled. Like I'm underwater. He takes me up in his arms and kisses me on the lips. A reverse Snow white. Because with a kiss Snow white woke up but with Jack's kiss, I am slowly and everlastingly, falling into death.

The moonlight takes me up in its warm embrace.Melting about my fears.  I'm not afraid any more, I'm ready to leave behind the pain and regret. Jack's hands around me fade away and soon enough, I fade away as well. Into the heavans above.

I just let it go.