Chapter Tweleve

**Elsa**

 Jack keeps glancing behind him as we walk away from the forest. Something is unnerving  him, I can tell. The way his hand is hovering over my back, guiding me towards the castle. Even though I am perfectly capable of leading myself there and I tell him so too. "Yeah I know but a cute girl like you, out here alone? Not to mention your Queen. Everyone has enemies Elsa, some are just better at hiding in the shadows." I don't like the way he says that. Its like he knows who he has to be worried about. But what about me? I mean I know I have to be worried about Lord Victor but who else it plotting my undoing? I shiver just thinking about it.

His clear blue eyes shift over the villagers house like some sort of monster might try and grab me from the ally shadows.  Jack's back is straight and his staff at ready. His tense waves are effecting me, making me jump at any scuff of our shoes or meowing cat.  The moon lights our path making it a little bit better to see.

I stop right in front of the castle. The library light is on, again. Is it Kristoff and Anna talking this late at night again?  That's the second time in a row. "Why are we stopping?" I look over to Jack who pointing towards the castle's back gate. "You walked me home... wasn't that the whole idea of this.." I say slowly. Jack gives me a cheeky grin. "Come on Elsa I just want to stay for the night.... pleaseeee. I've never been inside a castle before." Jack whines. 

Ugh how did I know this was coming? "I mean its not like anyone can see me anyway..." He says  softly looking away from me. God dam it Jack you really know how to tug on the heart strings. I rub my face. "Okay fine you can stay..."  Jack picks me up and spins me around. "Aw I knew you couldn't resist this smile," He says flashing me one of his white smiles that makes my heart melt.

I cough trying to hide the blush that is rapidly spreading across my cheeks. Thankfully the moon is not shining on me right now. "We need to be as silent so please try and make as little noise as possible...."  Jack nods, zipping his mouth up and putting the key in his pocket. I roll my eyes, I haven't seen that since I was a child.  

I silently make my way to the back gate. Jack easily floats over it but I slowly open it. Making it groan and squeak.  I wince and make a mental note to remind the gardener to oil it.  I close it behind me, making it look like it was before I entered. I bid Jack to follow me into the kitchen.

He licks his lips as he lifts a boiling pots lid. I slap his hand and shake my fist at him. I however didn't expect him to fall backwards at me slapping him. Jack falls back into the pots and pans, they all clang and bag against each other. Which gets the cooks old hounds howling.  I slap my forehead. Jack gives me a shy smile and a wince with every clang. "WHOS THERE?" The cook says waddling out of her room with a bow and arrow shooter in her hands.  The cook has been here all my life and perhaps most of my Fathers and Mothers. She is older than the Duchess by a long shot. With white falling out hair and old milky white eyes that tell me she is indeed blind. But I already knew that. Unlike everyone else the cook refuses to get pushed around by Lord Victor and has even go as far to chase him out of her kitchen with a knife and a broom. 

Because she knows the kitchen like the back of her hand she can cook, clean and take her dogs out all the while being blind. Her courage amazes me, so there was no way I could lie. "Its just me cook," I say timidly like a child caught with there hands in the cookie jar.  The cooks face softens. "Queen Elsa, is that you dear? I could have sworn there was someone else with you..."   Jacks eye brows go up in surprise.  "I...um..."  The cook waves my response away. "I know what you need, some chocolate. I knew it wouldn't be long before you came down because your sister was just here a few hours ago. Nearly licked the whole pot up but I made her save you some." Cook says handing me some pieces of chocolate.  My mouth waters. chocolate, my one weakness.

The cook laughs and pats my cheek like I'm a child. "Go on now honey I won't tell no one that you were here getting a snack." She says walking  back in her room, all the while muttering; "Girls now a days have no appetite, well in my day..."    I smile, she is so kind and thoughtful. Plus hey, chocolate.  

“You’re gonna share that right?” Jack asks, whispering in my ear. I shove some in his mouth;” Shut up and stuff your face.”  Jack chews happily, his cheeks fat like a chipmunk.  I roll my eyes as I put my own candy in my mouth. Mmm , pure bliss as it melts in my mouth. I swear I could eat  chocolate all the time but then I would be fat. Worth it.  “Oh Elsa you have some chocolate on cheek,” Jack says rubbing my left cheek. I blush as I slap him away. “Shut up…”

His touch always leaves goose bumps on my skin and a blush on my cheeks. I probably look like a red tomato right now. “Yes well, let go.” I say coughing and quickly leaving the kitchen. Jack follows me and hums quietly to himself. The halls are empty again but having Jack by my side makes me feel a bit better. I feel so safe... wait no Elsa you can't get close to people. People... people only hurt you.  I only hurt people. 

So I try and put some distance between Jack and I. Walking a little faster, turning corners sooner, anything to get him away from me. Because whenever he is beside me, the air around me is sucked up and its like I can't breathe or think. I don't know if I like the feeling or hate it.

I quickly usher Jack into my room, slumping against the door when its closed. "Okay.. were safe." I look to see Jack looking around my room, it suddenly makes me very self aware. That there is a guy in my room. It makes me blush.

There's nothing special about my room. It has a desk and a large balcony window that over looks the courtyard and my kingdom. A big bed with blue covers. I have paintings and books here and there. A couple pairs of worn ballet slippers laying about. I shake my head. I think I might need to go into town tomorrow and get another pair.  I could send a servant but they usually come back with a horrible shade of pink, which is so ugly I can barely stand dancing in them.

Jack chuckles; "This is what I imagined what your room would look like... not that I imagined your room or anything." I laugh, he is so awkward it hurts.  I yawn. I'm so tired. Two whole days of staying up late really takes your toll.  I blush as it dawns on me, what about sleeping arrangements?  It seemed to have dawned on Jack too because he gives me a cheeky smile.  "I need to change!" I hiss quietly, all the while blushing. Jack shrugs and goes back to looking at a small painting I have in my room. "So change."  I look at him my mouth open. "I'M NOT CHANGING WHILE YOUR IN HERE!" I shout.  I wince as my voice bounces off the walls but then scowl because Jack made me shout in the first place.

I push him out the door. "Let me get changed and no you are not sleeping in the same room as me!" I say, slamming the door on his face. Jack laughs and I can hear him slump against the door.  What kind of girl does he take me for? For goodness sakes I just met the guy. I wave my fist at the door even though he can't see me, it just takes away my anger.

I sigh as I touch the door a little. Here I am... shutting people out again. But this time for the right reasons.

It still makes me blush thinking that he is on the other side of that door and probably listening to every movement I make.  So  I just quickly slip into a white night gown and flop onto my over stuffed bed, snuggling up in the blankets. I yawn. Staying up two nights in a row really takes a toll on people. What with meetings and trying to keep up with Jack. I never knew how tired I was until now. 

 The moon shines in through my window and a light breeze filters in through the window. I smile to myself as I remember our little game in the woods. I have become closer to Jack than anyone else and I have only known him for two days but I feel like I have known him for a lifetime.  I yawn again, hugging my pillow tight. "Good night Jack..." I whisper as my eyes droop. And finally I stop fighting sleep and let it take me under like a roaring wave.