Chapter two

**Jack**

Sunlight shines on the kingdom of Adrenal. Although the peaks are covered in pure wonderment of snow, the town itself is snow free.  I smirk to myself. Its time to change that.  I purpal   myself off  a small cliff that over looks the town. I let myself fall for a second of two,  just breathing in the salty air and the smell of spring.

Soon I am flying over the water, skimming it with my staff, turning the water into ice. I fly over Adrenal, sending  pure white  snowflakes flying down to them. "Come on wake up everybody|!  Snow day!"  Parents and children peek out of there doors, some usher the children back inside and  lock the windows.

I scratch my head. That's odd, usually by now kids are playing in the snow and having fun. .  I walk over to a window and tap it lightly, making intercut frost designs show up.  "Come on wakeie wakeie eggs and bakei!"  I sing.    The little girl inside screams and runs to her mother.  

My fingers curl away from the window. I look at them with confusion. "What the..." I muble under my breath.   Did I do something wrong?  

People are now filing out of there homes and towards the castle. "Do you think the Queen is on a rampage again?" says a fat bald man.  The Queen? Why would the Queen have anything to do with my amazing snow day?  Whatever, this snow day just needs a little kick start.  What better way to start it off then with a good old snow ball fight!

I twist my hands around the air, creating the perfect snow ball. "Hey kid, cacti!" I say throwing it at a boy with freckles.   The boy looks around, suddenly excited. Yes, yes. My finger twitch, eager to join in on the fun. He picks up some snow and starts skillfully packing it into a mini version of my own. He looks around, trying to decide who his victim will be.   That's right start it! Start the snow day!  "Come on, come on!" I mumble. I can almost see the snowballs flying.

He has his target in sight, a little girl with pig tails.  I rock back and fourth on my feet. "Just throw it all ready!" I say, throwing my hands in the air. His mother runs up to him. "Put that snow down rigth now! Goodness Jimmy will you ever learn?"   "Oh Mom..."

I stand there my mouth open. "Did you just- what the...  Grrrrr..." I flop into a near by snow bank. What is wrong with thees people. Here I am giving them a perfect snow day and how do they thank me? Avoid it like the black plague?  And what the heck is with this Queen of theirs?  

A man is quickly running to catch up with the others. I hop off of the ground and put my hand out to signal the man to stop. "Hey can you tell me whats-"  He runs right through me like the invisible ghost I am. "going on.... Honestly why do I even bother!" I say throwing my hands in the air with defeat.  After three hundred years you would think I would learn. But no, I still hold onto the hope of someone, anyone to notice me, to see me.  I run my fingers through my short, white hair. 

"Might as well see what the fuss is," I mumble.  I stomp after the people all the while mumbling under my breath. "Who does she think she is? The Queen?"  I pause and think about the stupidity behind my words. "Well of course she thinks shes the Queen. She is the Queen, stupid."

I walk into the court yard, surprised at how big it is. Two frozen water fountains stand in the middle of the court yard. "That's weird. I didn't do that..." I say trailing off.   Outside of the courtyard is summer and yet inside here looks like I just had some fun. Which I didn't. "OKay who did this? Was it you?" I ask a little old lady. "Yeah that's right grandma waddle away from your problems! But just remember I'm watching you..." I say.

I lean against my staff at the back of the court yard, getting a full view on whats going on.  People around me mumble and whisper.  "The Queen still hasn't taken a husband!" A baker  whipers to  the fat bald man I saw early.  The fat man dabs his head with a handkerchief, wiping away the sweat.

"Ew... that's gross."        

"What is she waiting for? Even princess Anna has a good man in her life!" The fat man says (totally not hearing my comment). "Its unheard of for a Queen to rule without a king."

 I shrug as I look at my nails. "Hey man, maybe shes just ugly. You know what I'm saying fatso?" I say, playfully jabbing his side, as expected it goes right through him.

The bakers  just shakes his head. "The council will fix that my friend. Soon enough our Queen will be settled down. All in good time," He says, patting the fat man on the back.  The fat man nods in agreement.

"Pfff the Queen needs a council? Some Queen if she needs advice every second of her life. Are they like her babysitters or something?"    I laugh and wipe away fake tears. "I crack myself up."   

Suddenly the baker and fat man stop talking.   "Hello? What cat got your tongue fat..."   A girl with a deep purple dress and bright blue eyes walks out of the palace.  She holds up her hand, silencing the mutters and whispering.  Her eyes drift over the crowd. "My dear people I assure you this is not my doing. It is probably nothing but a simple flurry that drifted down from the mountain side."  

Not her doing? What is she talking about?   The Queen crouches down and whispers something into the freckle boys ear. His face lights up, like a Christmas tree.  Quickly he calls his friends over, soon enough they are having fun and throwing snowballs. 

I stand there with my moth wide open. "What... are you trying to tell me that she controls the snow days around here?" I say balling up my fists. Snow... snow is all I have. Its what I do, its my purpose. Anger takes a hold of me. "WIND, TAKE ME UP!" I bark. 

The wind lifts me up in the air. Usually I would have laughed and started sprinkling snow on the town and children.  But today...   "Thank you Queen Elsa!"  The same little girl who screamed and shunned my snow, is now playing in it and skating.   I can't take it anymore.

I will the wind to take me out of the town. Up, up, up, I go. Above the town and the clouds. I flick my staff across the sky, making giant snow clouds form.   "Lets see who controls snow days now!" I say breathless, sitting myself on a hillside that over looks the town. 

I smirk to myself.  What was I thinking?  A Queen controlling snow?  I have been hanging out with bunny too long. Getting paranoid.  I slump onto the ground and watch the snow clouds billow over Adrendal.  I am Jack Frost and only I control the snow and ice, not some dumb Queen from Adrendal.