Chapter Thrity four

**Jack**

The Arctic air slaps me in the face, giving me a good wake up call.  North's workshop looms in the distance; every so often I can see a yeti guard, they stand and watch me but do no interfere, like they would of back when I wasn't a guardian.  When I was confused and lonely..... Ironic isn't it? Considering I'm confused and lonely now. 

To think a few days ago, I was happy. Not confused and lonely but... happy. Because I was with Elsa and to think, I thought we were going to be together forever. Actually, I was stupid to even think that we might. Sigh That we might get married some day. Because (at the time) everything seemed so perfect. I was getting to know someone and I mean really know someone. All Elsa's flaws and imperfections just seemed... perfect to me. There was no monster is my eyes, only a captivating  young lady who had fire in her eyes. Who was determined to be normal. Even though I totally and utterly disagreed with it, because why be normal? Everyone secretly wants to be different and I know deep inside herself, she does too.

Soft snowflakes fall on me, swirling above me and beside me. They are in the air that I breathe and fly in. The seem to stick upon me, morphing into me. Becoming me and yet I welcome it. I welcome the cool sensation on my skin as they melt into water, the way the water trickles off of my skin and onto the ground below.

I welcome it beacuse the very touch, reminds me of Elsa.

The front gates for North's workshop are large and meancing looking, large iron bars try and touch the cloudy sky. Of course the bars look meancing enough (juts like North does) but if you look closely, you see things you would have never notcied. There is intercut disigns all embeded on the iron bars. Stories of North and how he brought the first Christmas. A lengthy story that nearly took five days for North to finish but when he did, I understood him a bit more

Two yeti's guard the front gate, they grunt when I come near. Probably remembering the time I made a homemade stink bomb and tried to gas them out. Another failed attempt to get into North's workshop. I still have the scar from where the yeti bit my ass. Literally.

"Steve, Carl." I say nodding in both of their directions. They don't say anything but grunt instead. Yeah... were not really on talking terms, I guess making a homemade stink bomb will do that to a guy. None the less they open North's doors for me and as usual its bursting at the seams with fun and joy.

Toy planes wiz around my head, turning this way and that. Mini hot air balloons trek through the skies, flying higher and higher. Yetis are running this way and that, frantically trying to do there jobs. While the elves... well there just plugging lights into each other. Lets just say there just for show. 

Usually this sight would have my mind captivated in every way possible but right now all my mind can think about is the sugar cookie smell in the air. How it reminds me of Elsa... She always smelt like freshly baked sugar cookies. Its an addicting smell that makes my whole body think that Elsa is near by. But she isn't...

Not that I care or anything.

I hit myself on the head. "Stupid.." I mutter underneath my breath. I can't act like I don't care because I do. I need to stop acting like a spoiled brat and just get on with it already. Elsa... Elsa is gone for good and I can't change that.  The past is in the past. Elsa is in the past and I need to leave her there. Dwelling on her won't change a thing, it'll just make me sad and angry. Sad... because I left without so much as I goodbye.  Angry... because I did the one thing I swore I would never do, leave her, alone.

Tears sting the side of my eyes and I quickly wipe them away. I left Elsa... alone and angry at me. For a reason unknown just because Tooth told me we could never be together. Elsa thinks she is the weak one. I look at my shaking hands. However I know better. Truth is, I may talk tough but I am the weaker one of us. Because I know Elsa would never leave me, not matter what anyone said.