Chapter Fourteen / dream

**Elsa**

Anna is going too fast. I can't keep shooting ice to cushion her fall. I try and find my voice, to tell her to slow down but my mouth won't work.  Anna leaps into the air... time seems to slow down. Her face is full of happiness but I know better. A cold hard marble floor waits for her. I scream her name and out stretch my hand, sending a ice burst towards her. Anna's head collides with my ice and then she is falling.. falling towards the ground.  Her body whacks on the ground with a sickening sound. I run over to her, crouching beside her. "Anna..." I cry turning her over.

Expect its not Anna I'm holding.  Its the body of my Father, Mother laying right next to him. He is soaking wet and smells like rotting fish. Barnacles have latched on to his face and hair.  Skin pale but yet blue. I rock back and fourth with him in my arms. This... this is how he and mother died. Gasping for their last breath, clawing, trying to get to the surface. Water filling their lungs. Perhaps they looked into each others eyes, knowing that these were their last moments with each other.  Tears trickle down my face as I stroke my Mothers hand. It wasn't suppose to end like this. They were suppose to grow old together... forever ruling this Kingdom side by side.  I close my eyes and whisper; "I'm sorry..."

Fathers eyes fly open and he lets out a blood curdling. Its muffled like he is under water.  I am glued to the spot I am sitting, unable to move, unable to scream or reach out to him. His head slowly turns to me and his eyes roll back into his head as he screams; "MONSTER. YOU DID THIS TO US!"  I whimper as he comes crawling over to me, his hands clawing the air around me. This is not my Father. My Father is kind and protective. No... this can't be him. "MONSTER, MONSTER!" Child Anna and my Mother join in with Father, all of them screaming and clawing the air around me, trying to get to me.

There eyes are empty and soulless. I scream as little Anna's hands clasps against my wrist.

A dark and menacing laugh comes from the shadows. "Very good..." The voice purrs. "Very good my little ice Queen..." Tears are coming down my face like a water fall. I can feel the storm inside bursting but then... calmness.

The evil Anna, Mother and Father change, their rough features turning soft, their skin turning a warm and healthy glow, its like how I remember them. Father looks at me confused as he helps me on my feet. "My little Elsa why are you crying?" Anna hugs me tightly. "Don't cry Elsa." Mother kisses me on the forehead lovingly and whispers into my ear. "I will protect you no matter what."

The words are strange but some what comforting. I smile as my dream fades away into darkness. Anna's little voice carrying me away to reality. "Do you wanna build a snowman..."