Dream

A boy in a blue hoody stands on the cliff that looks over the sea. He turns to me, his eyes sad and lonely. For some odd reason I feel pity for this boy. But why? I don't know him, so why do I feel like I do?  I reach out to touch him, to comfort him but I am only meted with air. His expression turns dark and for a second he closes his eyes. When he opens them I can almost feel his pain and despair through his ice blue eyes.  "Elsa..." He whispers. Suddenly the dream turns dark and the smell of death and decay fills the air. "ELSA!" He screams, his hands out stretched. A look of fear and determination crosses his face. 

The dream fades away from the snowy cliff to a dark, cold cave. Something... something is in the darkness. I can feel its eyes on me. "If it isn't the little snow Queen..." A sinister voice says. It laughs, a evil  maniacal laugh, that echoes off of the walls.  A shadowy figure emerges from the darkness.  Although I can't make out who it is, I can see pure yellow eyes. I can hear my heart thumping, like a horse running on a brick road. He extends his hand outward, releasing horrifying monsters. They are shadows and yet they carry my fears and deepest regrets. One of them turns into a frozen statue of Anna, her eyes vacant. The others surround me in the form of scared citizens, chanting; "Monster, Monster, Monster!" Each word gets louder and louder. "Stop..."  I mutter, holding my hands over my ears to block out the painful words.  "MONSTER, MONSTER, MONSTER!" They now point, and jeer at the snow creating freak. "No... please," I plead, feeling the storm inside of me build. "MONSTER, MONSTER, ELSA IS A MONSTER!"    The storm inside of me bursts, releasing wave after wave of pure sharp ice. Even though I know that the people are monsters in disguise, there screams make me believe other wise.  I collapse on the ground, tears run down my face, turning into shattered ice when they hit the ground. "Good girl... very good, my dear Elsa."     

*********************************************************************

I wake with a start. My white sheets drenched in sweat and tears. My mind tries to grasp the already fading dream. All I remember is yellow eyes... yellow eyes filled with hatred.