Chapter five

***Elsa***

I stop abruptly  at the village gates and look back at the forest on the side of the mountain where the strange boy with ice powers lay underneath a pine tree.  I know he is fine because when I looked back as I was skating down the hill, he looked at me and flopped back into the snow bank. I would have helped but I'm not even sure that guy was real or just  my imagination. I mean I have been under a lot of stress lately and what are the odds of a boy with ice powers showing up randomly and literally dropping out of a tree?

Apparently the odds are good.

I shake my head and I quickly start running towards the castle. Imagination or not if I don't get back to the castle soon Lord Victor and the rest of the council  will know I have been out all night. Which would lead to questions and a lecture, all of which I could care less for. 

The town is just waking up, sleepy children stumble out of beds and start with their morning chores. Parents are moaning and groaning about their bad backs or how its too early, despite the fact that they have been getting up at the same time all there lives. They don't pay me any attention as I run through the cobble stoned streets and towards the castle.  Some look up with curiosity but by then I am already turning the next corner, my black cloak flapping behind me like some sort of fateful raven pet.

 The castle is just out of my grasp with only a few twist and turns between us.  The purple Adrenal flags wave in the wind with promise, they almost seem to say; "Elsa hurry up, you've been gone all night, we can only cover for you for so long!"   I doge two men carrying a very large trunk; they both shake their fists at me in rage. If they only knew who I was, not that I would ever want the to know. If they did they would probably scream and run home to protect their wife's and children from their horrible monster Queen. 

  Almost there...

A man trots up to the front of the castle with a large golden horse.  I dive behind a fish barrel, the nearest hiding place I could think of.  Curses! I was so close. I peek out from behind the fish barrel. Okay, okay don't panic, who knows perhaps its just a minor noble man who in no way will care in any shape or form that a woman dressed in a black cloak wishes to enter the castle. But as usually luck is not on my side. Because, guess what,  its none other than Lord Victor. His disgusting greasy blonde hair doesn't even sway in the wind. Ew.  

He gets down from the horse and looks over the castle with his squinty weasel like eyes, almost as if taking in every single brick. I know Lord Victors intentions. He wants to marry into the royal family, knowing he will never get any where with me, he has set his sights on Anna.  I have seen how he watches her, following her foot steps like some sort of unforgiving sickness. One that has no cure.

Kristoff knows as well and makes it his life goal never to leave Anna alone  with Lord Victor.  We don't tell Anna this of course, she is far too trusting, far too native.  So we keep a close eye on her and Lord Victor. Because if he dare touch her, I won't hold back the storm inside or Kristoff's rage for that matter.

I watch with narrowed eyes. He is plotting something, I'm sure of it. I mean why else would he be standing there like a complete lunatic? Looking at every single detail of the castle as if trying to memorize it.  He waves away one of the stable boys who try and help him with his horse and continues to look up at the castle with a serious expression on his face.  "What are you thinking?" I mumble under my breath as I lean in closer, hoping to catch a wisp of his low mumbling. Perhaps he is setting out his plan right now...  

"You know I can't help but notice that your in some kind of trouble." I look behind me to see Jack leaning against the corner watching me with a amused look on his face.  I am startled that   he is here. How long does stress related illusions last? And how come I got stuck with a cocky, havewit illusion?  How my mind works, I will never know.