Chapter Thirty seven

**Jack**

The blue sky stretchs into the horizon. Making it seem like the sky and the deep never ending ocean, are one. They are a  apart of each other as far as I am concerned. It is hard to tell one from the other sometimes, both equally blue and vast. Both equally beautiful. Big fluffy white clouds sit at the edge sky, skimming the air like graceful dancers. 

My heart speeds up as I see Elsa's castle in the looming distance. I need to get to Elsa, before Pitch does. That is, if he hasn't already got her. My heart almost stops at that thought. Pitch would not show mercy, he would twist her into something sad and broken. Pitch would feed Elsa wave after wave of fear, feeding off of it until he is bursting with power. Then leave her dying body in the gutter, walking away with a smile on his face.

That's the kind of man Pitch is. He isn't even a man. Pitch is just a essence made up of fear and loneliness. The very ground he walks on quakes in fear and remorse. I used to pity the fellow because in away, he reminds me of well...me. The way he exists without a purpose or anything to live for. The way he-.....

No. That's not me, not anymore. I used to be that cowardly soft absorbed Jack that couldn't give a dam about anyone or anything. But Elsa... she has made me care about everything. Even though the world shunned Elsa for everything she is...she never gave up.  I feel in love slowly at first, like stepping in the shallow end of the pool, unsure. But then I dove right in, never regretting a second. That's what its like being with Elsa, deep and meaningful.

If Pitch lays a hand on her, I won't hold back. I conjure up as much strength and frost I could ever possibly muster and let him have it. I will freeze him into oblivion, down to his very core and soul. This...This is what I would do to protect Elsa. Then again what wouldn't I do.

Her subjects are running around, this way and that like a hen with its head cut off. I remember the day when I first came here, how Elsa's people were acting very similar. Expect back then they were all going to the castle, today there all headed towards a massive church. I scratch my head, looking to the church, then back to the castle. Something is amiss, I can feel it. I slowly float to the ground, trying to avoid everyone so that I don't get walked through. (I hate getting walked through.)  I came here to save Elsa and I won't let anyone stand in my way. Not even...her own subjects.

I turn by back on them, hating myself even more then I already do. Am I that obsessed with Elsa that if the situation came, I would kill innocent people? I shiver at that thought. But I can't be bothered to look into something that dosen't have anything to do with Elsa. I left her once and I won't do it again. A group of young school children come running towards me, with sticky fingers and smiles on their faces. "Queen Elsa is getting married, married, married, married." A little girl with pig tails chants. My heart leaps into my throat so fast that I swear I can't breath. Married?  A boy with shaggy hair rolls his eyes. "Please, it won't last. Papa even said so, no man could ever love Queen Elsa." 

I squeeze my hands so tight, blood starts trickling down them. If I wasn't see through, I would punch that kid so hard he would be seeing stars for a week. The girl puts her hands on her hips defensively;"Queen Elsa is the best Queen ever and my mommy says that she loves Lord Raven and he loves her. So hah."   The argue for a bit, going back and fourth with their endless bickering. But the word marriage still rings in my ear, clear as a bell. "When did this happen?" I question them, even thought I know its pointless and they can't see me. "Why....Why is she marrying this guy?"  My voice breaks at the end. I leave for three days. Three days. That's how long it takes to get over me? To...to..forget about me. "WELL I TELL YOU WHAT KIDS, ELSA AND I ARE GOING TO HAVE A HEART TO HEART TALK." I scarp my staff against the pavement, feeling over whelmed in every way.