Chapter 37

POLYVORE IN THE EXTERNAL LINK FOR MARINES OUTFIT AND HAIR

Chapter 37

Time passed and it was 3 in the afternoon, meaning the first day of my workshop had come to an end.

“ Well that wraps up the first day,” Webber says, “ It has been unreal and I am siked to keep working with you guys. Put the writing you have created today and put it on my desk on your way out. See you tomorrow.” Webber makes his way to his desk while I pack my notebook and pencils into my messenger bag.

“Hey Marine,” an English accent says, I look up to see Berlin leaning on my desk with his hands crossed and a smile.

“Hey.” I say back and chuckle.

“Hey. Okay, we are all going out for lunch right now, do you want to come? Or do you have other plans? Because it’s fine if you do-“

I laugh,

“No, no, no plans. I would love to come.” I smile, “just let me pack my things and hand in my poem and I will meet you guys outside yeah?”

“Okay cool,” Berlin says, colliding his shoulders onto mine. He then goes and walks to everyone in the class and they talk by the door.

I walk to Mr.Webber’s desk and put my work on his desk. As I am about to walk away he stops me,

“Marine, can I talk to you for a second?” he asks. I roll my lips inwards and nod my head,

“Yeah sure, whats up?”

“Your poem that you performed, I am just wondering, are you alright? Who were you talking about?”

“I don’t know if I am comfortable talking-“

“Marine, what did I say about honesty, this is for your writing, I am not trying to be the scary older teacher who asks weird personal questions.”

I laugh. Maybe I should just tell him, it will help me move on if I have someone to talk to about it.

“Umm, I kind of got involved with this older guy and he ended up being the guy I really thought he wasn’t.” 

“What did he do?”

I exhale.

“Well, we have been seeing each other secretly for probably a month now, and halfway through that time he started cheating on me with my best friend’s cousin. He even took her to the same places and kissed her at the same places he took me yeah it was bad. You think you have something with someone, but then you don’t. I don’t know it’s just I am never this stupid, like boys have always pissed me off I know when something isn’t real.”

“Marine this isn’t your fault-“

“I am trying to be mature and see his side of things like how fucking- sorry- freaking- unstable he is and understand it but it’s just bringing me down, like he wants to bring me down with him.”