Chapter 28

sorry for the late update :(

-----

Chapter 28

Marine’s POV

Harry left about 20 minutes after I left him. I ended up continuing where Harry left off in the book in my family room upstairs so I could hear when he left. This was good. I needed to restore my old ground and show him that he doesn’t control my emotions and the people I feel enamor too.  I am all up for a game; it will distract me from my actual feelings for him, whatever they are.

Honestly, who needs boys? They are immature, stupid, and don’t take care of themselves before they try taking care of others and then they just hurt those specific others in the process (Harry reference, if you didn’t get it.) I wish I could just focus on my reading, on my writing, on myself without having him pop into my mind every like 5 seconds. Everything brings me back to him. Books, quotes, letters on walls and letters on paper, they all just come flooding back to him.

I need to get my mind off of him and my headache so I go to my room, put a face mask on just like how they do in those sex in the city movies, get my laptop and decide to watch some episodes of American Horror Story and Downton Abbey downstairs on my sofa and curl in a blanket and hope for this physical pain to fade away. 

I sink into my shows, relaxing my mind, and for some time in a long time, I didn’t think of Harry. It was great. After an hour or two, the doorbell rings, and I sluggishly get off my ass, resting my laptop on the coffee table, and get the door. I am greeted by Electra, who is still in the clothes she was in since the morning, a baggy T-shirt that wasn’t hers and her shorts. There was guilt ,frustration and anger laced on her face as she leaned on the edge of my door.

“I need ice cream.” She pouts. “ Do you think you are up for that talk right now?” Now I know something was wrong. I was feeling much better and I didn’t want to make my self-sick by pretending I was so I let her in and lead her to the kitchen. Hopefully I had some chocolate or green tea ice cream in the freezer. Today was one of those days.  

We walk silently; I don’t say anything because knowing Electra, she will speak when she’s ready. She sits herself on my kitchen bar and I fetch the ice-cream in the freezer. I open it and find just what I wanted and more, chocolate, green tea, and coffee ice-cream. It was a gift from God.

“What flavors and how many scoops?” I ask as Electra sits quietly with her head down, the pout still evident on her face.

“All of them, and as many scoops as you can fit in a bowl.” She looked miserable. What happened? Or more like, what did she do that has got her in a rut?

I scoop the ice-cream into bowls giving glances to Electra here and there, hoping she will speak.

“ I did something bad.” She finally says, biting her nails. I look up from my bowl and my eyes widen and my eyebrows raise. I slowly make my way to her and hand her bowl, which she tugs to her chest.