Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Marines POV

We spent the week together. Mostly nights. We snuck out to bookshops and he read me a book about cinematography and I read him a book about healing gems. We got kicked out after staying for too long and reading everything and yet not buying anything. Sometimes we would just lay in his car and talk for hours then I would get home at 4 in the morning and he would call me at 6 to go watch the sunrise at the rooftop he took me to.

He took me to some of his favorite indie cinemas and we snuck into midnight movies. He would sometimes take me to photography galleries as well. He took pictures of me and we learned lots about each other.

We played “our game”. He told me about how he won two international film competitions and also how his parents kicked his sister out of their house for a week with nothing. He said nothing was quite the same after that.

I read him my poetry. We would lie on an empty street, and I would lace my fingers on his fingertips. He would listen. No one listens. And if he was smart enough, he could realize some aspects of the poems where about him.

We snuck up to the rooftop of my house. We talked about God. We listened.

It was so enthralling to realize that I had actually met someone who wanted to spend time with me and who was always thinking about everything like myself. We both had this emptiness inside of us that we are able to fill in for each other. I haven’t met anyone like him before. Well I guess that is what you say when you have “romantic” feelings for another. That they are perfect in your eyes, and threw all their flaws you can’t really seem to despise them. You can’t seem to let go. Because connections like that can’t just break, I guess. For the first time in my life, I actually have a true connection with someone, and it feels so fucking amazing to want to spend every single minute with someone.

I wish I could see him more in the day though. We only meet at night. Harry started a photography intensive course and it takes up a lot of his afternoon. But the nights are great. I see my friends in the afternoon, and I see Harry just in time before my parents get home so I don’t have to deal with them. Anyway, I have my writing course in a few weeks at the New School so I guess my afternoons will be pretty busy as well.

After spending the day with Sage and Electra at Robert Moses State Park beach in Long Island, I got a text from Harry a few hours after I got home.

I need to see you. I really need to see you. I am on my way to your house now just please come down.

-Harry

Automatically I got concerned. Something had happened but I don’t know what. It was about 11:45 pm when he texted and I was already in my pajamas but this overwhelming sense that something sucked came over me and I changed into some jean shorts and put a bra on under my PJ shirt.

My parents where home with some clients and friends over so it was a little awkward for me to run down in shorts and a old shirt compared to the Chloe dresses and Celine purses.

I try to hide my way around the crowd a to the door but my mother stops me.