Chapter 11

I woke up at 7 am the morning after The Rolling Stones concert. The exhaustion of staying up till 2 o clock in the morning yesterday (well actually today) began to kick in. The extra hours spent with Harry definitely got me home at an unreasonable time; his invitation was not part of my plan. I was supposed to leave the concert at 10 ish, go home, take a shower, read my book, and sleep. But damn Harry had to get in the way of my order. But the weird thing is, I wouldn’t take it back, it was worth it, I made a potential great friend.

I stormed my way to the bathroom, my eyes begging to shut once more, and brush my teeth as well as tone and moisturize my skin. I took my wavy hair back in a ponytail and redressed into yoga pants and plain white top. Practicing yoga everyday required me to be up an hour early on school days, some people find that crazy, but it refreshed me, stabilized me, and started my day off right, but today, the early hours where getting to me.

I finished my practice than just put on my pair of black Nike’s, not bothered to change out of my clothes because fuck school, and made my way to my bike. Yes I know I am sixteen and I don’t have a car, I just choose to bike for the outdoor breeze and time to think clearly. My family gives me shit for it, saying that it made ‘us’ look poor, but I couldn’t care less.

I enter campus and head to my homeroom teacher, who hands me my report card. As I leave campus I see my classmates hugging and crying and gossiping and it honestly disgusted me how their lives revolved around their social status in this prison. I didn’t say bye to anyone, nor did anyone say bye to me. So I just left, and it felt good.

I make my way back home, saying good morning to Sal as well as telling him how my book is going, and drag my bike all the way up into my apartment door. I unlock the door where I see my mother and father gathering a few suitcases. My mother looks dolled up, her never leaving the house without a full face of makeup and hair as well as proper garments, and my father in a designer suit, like usual. I stared at them confused as I walked my bike into the storage room, my mother staring me down as I did so.

“Marine,” she said, “Did you go out like that?”

Here we go again.

And I haven’t spoken to my mother since our ‘incident’, and instead of apologizing, she taunts me.

“Mom, today was the last day of school, I just went to retrieve my report card.” I reply harshly.

“Today was your last day? Well then not an excuse to look like that.”

Thanks for the tip mother.

If you actually gave a shit about me then you would know it was the last day of school.

“ Your grades better be great Marine.” My dad says sarcastically, but the thing is, he wasn’t being sarcastic.

I just curl my lips and stand there awkwardly; this whole situation was just, awkward.

“Anyway Marine, I forgot to tell you but your father and I are going to Italy for a little, I will give you details about it later, but the chauffer is waiting downstairs for us, so behave yourself, Louis will be here with you, he’s sleeping now but I told him about it yesterday.” My mother informs me. Thank God they where leaving, it was the perfect way to begin my summer, with no unloving parents to piss me off.