Chapter 23

sorry for the late update had lots of work :(

OUTFIT FOR CHATER IN EXTERNAL LINK!

--

Marines POV

“Marine these heels would be perfect with your dress!” Electra tells me as she hands me snake skinned open toe heels. My mother’s makeup artist was doing my face so it was difficult to see the shoes as well as reply to Electra’s suggestion. I really didn’t care what I was wearing so I just decide to agree with her.

“uhuh” I mumble as the makeup artists does my lips. Electra smiles and then seats herself on the edge of my bed.

It was the night of our dinner and I still haven’t told Electra that Niall would be here. I knew she wouldn’t get angry with me because we are too close of friends to really care about that shit, but I knew she would be angry in general.

The woman finishes my makeup and I give her a warm smile. My loose long sleeved black dress is already on; all I needed to do was tie my hair up in a ponytail, put on the damn heels, and not fall over tonight. I am going to look like a damn idiot trying to walk in these.

“Marine you look amazing!” Electra compliments me and I shrug, I hadn’t really fully seen myself. Electra drags me to a full body mirror, revealing my outfit. Hmm, I actually looked pretty good. It was simple and elegant, my makeup was very light, but I did have this perfect bold red lip, which contrasted with the darkness of the dress. I smiled to myself and then made my way away from the mirror.

“So, who’s coming again?” Electra says lookiing the mirror, fixing her long brown hair. I get suddenly nervous and my body tenses, I had to tell her now.

“Umm, yeah, about that, see I forgot to tel-“

“Marine! Electra! The guest are coming get down here now!” saved by the witch, that’s ironic. I stop my phrase and say

“Never mind, I will tell you later, I just need to get these shoes on.” I laugh, trying to move on from my statement. Electra just shrugs and waits for me as I quickly strap my heels on. As I stand up I laterally almost fall over, but Electra caught me before I did. She held my hand and we walked a few laps around my room.

“Heel toe, heel toe Marine.” She would say. After the little practice we got my mother screamed for us to come downstairs, so I had to just pray to the fashion God’s that I wouldn’t fall over and break something tonight.

I get downstairs a little slowly but my mother rushes me to get in the living room. I really don’t know how they all could walk in these treacherous things. My brother and father where both in suits and I was expecting all the other men to be in suits as well. Harry looked great in a suit. Marine control your hormones. I mentally apologized to subconscious and sat down on the couch. The doorbell rang after my mother reminded me not to be a fuck up, tensing me more than I already was, but I just had to suck it up and just be the fake Marine my parents are expecting me to be. Yay.

“Hi! Welcome, welcome, please come in! You all look amazing!” my mother says in her ‘happy’ voice once she opens the door. Electra and I stand on her side until Niall and Harry are both visible as well as their families. Niall wore a basic black suit, but Harry was in a light blue dress shirt under a black blazer with black skinny jeans and his legendary black boots. I noticed how none of his tattoo’s where showing except an inch of his sparrows printed on his chest. Harry avoided eye contact with me as he walked into our home, but I did notice a few glances my way, which again, made me grin, but I used all the power in me to hide it.