Chapter 25

outfit in external link

Marines POV

The next morning I woke up and practiced yoga, like usual. I have been finding it harder to clear my mind recently. It was just kind of easy to do so before the summer, I feel like a bunch of stuff has happened to me and spiced up my life and I didn’t even know it.

But yesterday, so many things where swirling in my mind and they wouldn’t shut up. After the dinner my parents didn’t even talk to me. I was eager to see Electra after yesterday’s drama, I would have chased after her but I knew she wanted to be alone. Then there was Harry who acting so strangely right after Niall and Electra’s fight. Something had triggered his reaction, but I just don’t know what and I am craving to see him, now. I feel like I can’t stay away from him, but I should.

I dress in a simple black velvet corduroy skirt and a striped cropped tank, strapping on some black leather sandals. I wash my face and tie my hair in a ponytail, ignoring any need for makeup. I then go downstairs and eat breakfast with Louis, who leaves the house before I do. I sit at the dining table and reach to call Electra, but she beats me too it, calling me literally the second I was.

“Marine?” her voice is shaking, I can practically see her, how she is probably sitting or how she looks.

“Yeah it is me Electra, I was just about to call, I wanted to give you space after- you know.”

“Yeah, thanks Marine, I just-“ Electra sighs through the phone, “do you want to get coffee at Crème Figs like, now? I just rr-eally need to talk to y-you.” She trembles, was she almost crying? I think she was. What Niall said to her really must have stung, but maybe it wasn’t his words, maybe it was just, him.

“I am leaving now” I stand up and push in my chair, walking up stairs to grab my bag, griping my phone with my neck.

“Me too, I will see you there” she says quietly, and then hangs up abruptly.

---

“Tell me everything Electra, what happened?” I make sure she knows I am being sincere as I take a sip of my soy cappuccino. She looks down at her drink, her hands intertwined with the white mug.

“It just hurt, like a lot.” She looks up from her mug and stares into my eyes.

“It was not about Niall, you know I never liked him,” whatever gives you your peace Electra, “but it is what he said, he disrespected me as a women, he see’s me as this stuck up bitch who is rich and has no emotion, like I wasn’t even capable of ambitions?” she takes a sip from her coffee, I hadn’t seen her this down in a while. Electra was insecure as it was, his uncontrolled comment reminded her of her self-doubt.

“I just didn’t need to hear that, he is just like every guy out there, I shouldn’t have even opened myself to even speaking to him.” Her words sank heavy in my chest. Opening yourself, even a little bit, to someone is so, terrifying, especially if you have been hurt before. It is not even something you think about, it is like this constant mistake you keep making and making and you can’t stop. And there are so many people, like Electra, who keep getting hurt, but keep searching for love and acceptance, and people who have not been hurt at all, and wont let anyone in. It is crazy.