Chapter 22

outfits for this chapter- go to external link 

----

Marines POV

“Harry, what time is it?” I ask, still lying on Harry’s moving stomach. I came to Harry’s house pretty early and now it seemed like the sun was beginning to set.

Harry glances at his watch then says, “six.”

“Shit it’s six,” I scold myself. I am supposed to have dinner with Electra, Sage and Electra’s cousin in half an hour. I quickly jump off Harry and scoot my way off his bed. Harry sits up right.

“What, what’s wrong?” Harry questions frantically, brushing his, now messy, curls back out of his face.

I pull my hair out of my face from distress and try to find my satchel as well as the picture I took with Harry’s camera.

“I have dinner with Electra and Sage, Electra wants us to meet her cousin who is staying with her for some time of the summer. She goes to Parson’s apparently.” I inform Harry, as I grab all my stuff. Harry nods quietly. I am not really in the mood to go to this dinner. I like being with Harry, but I promised Electra.

It was like when I was with Harry I was completely in the moment, him and I, but I have been finding myself constantly drifting off to thoughts of him whenever I am not near him, and I don’t know what to do. I love the feeling, but I don’t want to get myself carried away, because what we are doing is unhealthy, but yet I desire it always.

I find all my stuff and take a deep breath. I stand in the middle of his room very awkwardly. It was like I was waiting for something to happen, like a “bye” but I was too inexperienced to initiate it, ugh I am so bad at this.

Harry smirks at me, waiting for me to say something, but me being my stupid self I don’t, so Harry begins to laugh at me, and I pout in embarrassment, covering the redness in my cheeks with my hands.

“ You are such a nerd Marine” Harry points out, getting up from his bed and wrapping his long arms around my body. Oh my God it felt amazing having his body so close to mine. Marine calm yourself, don’t embarrass yourself. Though looks really never mattered to me, I loved that Harry was gorgeous, I couldn’t help freak out at times when Harry would hold me, our touch me. I liked the idea of a ‘misunderstood angle’, that even physically appealing people had issues too.

“Getting red I see?” Harry smirks at me, still keeping his arms around me. I do a really bad job at hiding my feelings. He starts to laugh and I do too. He lets go of me as I continue to turn into a damn tomato, and he just points at me and pinches my cheeks. I give him a nasty but sarcastic face.

“ I have to go.” I say, walking past him. Harry grabs my hand before I exit his room, giving me that delightful white-toothed smile of his.

“ By the way, it is my turn the next time we play ‘our game.’”