Chapter 19

Outfits for this chapter 

http://www.polyvore.com/sparrows_marines_outfit_chapter_19/set?id=108436278#fans

http://www.polyvore.com/sparrows-sages_outfit_chapter_19/set?id=108441660

----

Marine’s POV

I left right after Harry agreed to visit the art show. Louis continued his chat with Harry but I very much needed to be away from him, to regain my strength. I stand by the bookshelf in our living room and pretend to look for a book, but all I am doing is thinking about Harry. The confusion of the fight I had with him kicks in, and I try to somehow explain to myself why I let him hurt me then let him in again.

“ Okay, see you mate, I will send you the directions, it starts at eight.” Louis dismisses Harry and slowly closes the door behind him. I stay where I am, not able to move but wanting to badly.

“Marine you look like a fucking cactus standing there so awkwardly, turn around! No wonder you haven’t kissed anyone yet.” I quickly move, trying to look as loose as I can, turning around to face Louis. I feel quite embarrassed that my brother knows I haven’t kissed anyone, though I am not embarrassed about it myself.

“ How do you know I haven’t kissed anyone?” I ask, crossing my arms and raising my eyebrow at him.

Louis scoffs, laughing to himself,

“A boy can tell these things.”

---

“Marine Hurry up we need to go! If you are not down here in 5 minutes I swear I am leaving and you will have to bike to Brooklyn” I hear Louis scream from downstairs. I could just take a cab you moron. Louis has a love for punctuality, which makes me extremely uneasy.

Sage told me it was a semi-fancy event so I decide to wear a casual silk slip dress in the color mustard gold, it complimenting my skin tone, and then wore the chunky gladiator platform sandals that Electra didn’t want anymore.

I packed my journal into my tobacco brown leather satchel I use for everyday; I got it at a vintage stand at a market in London, (wow that sounded so… rich.) and headed down to Louis, disregarding the need to do something with my hair or face. Who honestly gives a shit.

“ There you are, common we need to go, I wanna go there, make an appearance, talk to some people then leave, I have a party later that I got to get too.” Louis says the moment I get down the staircase. His personality was getting harder to stand the longer I stood next to him.

Louis starts to make a phone call and turns around towards the door; he then flicks his finger towards him, expecting me to follow him. If he wasn’t my ride, I wouldn’t. We make our way down and into Louis silver open top Aston Martin. I felt very out of place siting in such an intricate and adorned car.

We finally arrive at Pratt institute in Brooklyn, where they had rented out a wide, open glassed gallery to display all the students’ work. Getting into this course was a big deal because you needed a stellar portfolio already developed, making most of the people to do this course university students, but Sage being experimental and noteworthy, she made it as the only high school student. It sometimes got difficult having such exceptional friends because I am so ordinary.