Chapter 36

Christmas Eve, Livy was bouncing up and down with excitement all day. She was excited to get to spend most of the evening at Stark Tower where Tony, Pepper, Clint, Laura, Cooper, Lila, Nathaniel, Bucky, Wanda, Bruce, and most importantly, Natasha would be gathering. She couldn't wait to get there.

At first, Livy would ask Steve every hour if it was almost time to leave. As the time drew closer, she started asking every half hour and eventually every five minutes.

"Daddy, is it time to go yet?" Livy asked for the hundredth time that day.

Steve smiled. "Not yet. There's still about 2 hours left. Patience, Princess."

Livy sighed loudly.

"Besides, you still need to take a bath before leaving," Steve pointed out.

"And then I get to put on my pretty dress?" Livy asked with shining eyes.

Steve nodded. "Yes, you will."

"Yay!" Livy once again started jumping up and down.

Just then, the doorbell rang, and as always, Livy ran to the door. Steve knew who it was already, so he only followed her to let her open the door. However, when Livy got to the door, she stood there waiting for Steve. "Daddy! Can I open the door?"

"Yes, you may, Princess," Steve answered as he walked up behind her.

Livy opened up the door and squealed when she saw who it was. "Miss Nat!" Livy closed the distance between them and gave Natasha a huge bear hug.

Steve couldn't wipe the wide grin off his face when he saw how excited Livy was.

"Hi, Livy!" Natasha said.

"What are you doing here?" Livy asked a bit confused now as to why she was here.

"Well, your daddy told me that someone needs to help you get all pretty for the Christmas party you're going to later on today."

Livy clapped her hands. "I want to show you my dress," she said as she grabbed Natasha's hand and started pulling her inside.

That's when Natasha noticed Steve and gave him a sweet apologetic smile for not saying hi earlier. Steve reciprocated her smile. "I'll let you two girls have your fun. I'll be in my office for about another half hour if you need anything. If I'm not in there, I'll probably be in my room getting ready."

"Thanks, Steve," Natasha said.

"Oh, and you're more than welcomed to use the bathroom to get ready yourself if you need to," he reminded.

Natasha nodded quickly before she followed an impatient Livy to her room. Once there, Livy picked up the dress that was on the bed. "This is my dress," she said as she "put it on" and twirled.

 "This is my dress," she said as she "put it on" and twirled