Chapter 2

Sousa's Art Studio and Gallery was where Steve worked. The owner, Daniel Sousa, was Peggy's cousin. Also, he is a disabled war veteran that served a couple of years before Steve did. When Steve returned to New York after Peggy's death, he had nothing to do. Since Sousa didn't have a job of his own at the time, he decided to help both Steve and himself. He had approached Steve a couple of months after Peggy's death to ask him if he was interested in starting an art studio with him. Steve agreed and for some time he was the only employee. As the business started growing, Sousa hired more artists and soon afterward opened the art gallery.

Upon entering the building, Steve and Livy saw Wanda Maximoff, Steve's adopted sister and Sousa's secretary, working busily at the front desk.

"Aunt Wanda!!!" Livy screamed with delight. She let go of Steve's hand and started running towards the desk.

Startled, Wanda looked up from her work. When she saw Livy, her whole face lit up. "Hey, Maggie! How are you?" She walked around to the other side of the desk and scooped Livy up in a big hug.

"I'm gonna go to ballet school!" Livy announced.

"Is that so?"

"Nothing's been decided yet," Steve cut in.

Wanda turned around and her smile grew wider. "Hey, Steve! You here to drop off work?"

"Hello to you too, Sis," he returned the greeting. "Yep, I'm going to drop off some work and pick up more. Dan likes to keep me busy."

"That reminds me, Dan wants to see you in his office. I can watch Maggie for you."

"Thank you, Wanda." Directing his gaze to his daughter, he said, "Now, you be good for your Aunt Wanda. I don't want to hear any complaints. Understood?" Livy nodded her head.

"Don't worry about her, Steve. She's always a little angel."

____________________________________________________________

Steve's meeting with Dan went fairly quickly. Dan wanted to talk about expanding the business to other cities in New York sometime in the near future. Steve liked the idea and gave him his support. After the meeting, Steve went to his office to pick up the supplies he would need for his next project. As he was walks in the hall towards the front desk, he hears Livy's happy chatter and Wanda's laugh. He leans against the wall and observes them for a minute. He captures every detail in order to make a drawing during his free time.

"Ready to go?" he finally asks when both Wanda and Livy were laughing non-stop.

Livy looks up at Steve. "Yes, Daddy, let's go!"

"Are you sure, princess? It looks like you're having a great time with your Aunt Wanda."

"I want to go see the ballet school!"

"Okay, princess. We'll leave in a minute." Turning to Wanda he says, "Thanks, Sis, for watching her."

"It's no problem, Steve. We had a wonderful time. Isn't that right Maggie?"

Livy nodded her head. "How about you two come to my apartment for dinner tomorrow around six?"

"That would be great, Wanda! We don't have any plans, and I think Livy would enjoy herself."

"I'll invite Pietro, too. He may come with his girlfriend. If he does, I'll invite Bucky, and you can invite Sharon."

Steve eyes Wanda suspiciously. "Sharon's on a business trip, and I thought you didn't like her."

Wanda looks down at her nails. "I never said didn't like her. She's a nice person, but I just don't think she's the woman for you."

Steve sighed annoyingly, "Here we go again."